Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will this fix my steering problems?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
what is your alignment set at? did you get a sheet telling you? is it toed out? are your tires wearing funny at all? does it always pull?
Just keep in mind that it is a right hand drive. Before the fitment of the track bar i had very uneven tyre wear. If i drive on a highway that is dead straight it will always pull left. If i brake hard it will pul a bit to the left but nothing to serious. I did get a print out but left it at the office. What i can remember is that the caster is only at 2.6.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

castor generally won't wear your tires unevenly.

how are they worn? inners worn more than the outers?
If you sit in the car... The left tyre wears more on the outside and the right on on the inside. If you take your hand and rub it from front to back it is smooth but if you rub from the back to the front it is not smooth.

Are the ome shocks/coils softer than other suspensions? My reason for asking is that if you drive straight at low speeds and pull the steering from side to side,it rocks from side to side? Like a car that is top heavy
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

holy crap man. so it's cupping too....

your rear trac bar is all attached and the bracket is ok? the swaying kinda sounds like that... or a sway bar link. but that wouldn't cause the tire wear....

my gutt tells me to check your tie rod ends and your ball joints. something is way wrong here...

Bracket is perfect.
I will check the tie rods and ball joints. But will this cause it to go left?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

it can. if just one on a side starts to go then it'll change the camber and kinda flop. that can make it pull. it's wierd that it's wearing only on the pass sides of both tires though....

Can a alignment shop check the tie rods and ball jonts?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

i see on other posts that ball joints can help with tyre wear and alignment issues? Do you get a off centre ball joint or adjutable one?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bumping this as the description being given here is identicle to what is happening to mine also.

Hit the brakes once it goes left, let off and apply brakes again it brakes straight.

Jeep always pulls to the left on a flat road.

Rear passenger tire is wearing perfectly in center of tire, no cupping, no feathering but is wearing at an alarming rate, where as all other three wheels seem to be wearing normally and flat and no cupping no feathering either.

steering gets bumped around badly on any crack in road or pothole, brand new steering stabalizer installed (didn't fix)

Ball Joints, Rear Track Bar, C's bent? Axle Bent ? idea's ????

Quick Reply: will this fix my steering problems?