Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will it fit in the garage

Old 10-29-2006, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will it fit in the garage

I need to find out exactly how tall my 4dr jk will be with a 4" lift and 37's. If it is just under 7ft...then I can park it in the garage..otherwise, I will have to go with a 3" lift and 35's....The wife said it has to fit in the garage.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I was just out at Off Road Evolutions shop on Friday and took a measurement of his JK because I wanted to know the same thing. Sitting on his approximately 4" (just under) prototype lift and 37's, his JK was standing at about 6'-8". Granted, just as I was leaving, he was about to install an actuall set of Full Traction 4" coils and from what Full Traction tells me, these will give you an actual lift of about 4.5". Needless to say, there would be just enough room to squeeze into a 7' garage even with all this height
Old 10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Air rock system will be good for that. Or you can air down and tell your wife that everything is right
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Hmm, with a full tank of gas, or empty?

laugh, but way back in the day, my family had a van (not mini, but real size) and it would fit in the garage with full tanks of gas... if it was empty, the roof rack would scrape
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ejbrokermel
I need to find out exactly how tall my 4dr jk will be with a 4" lift and 37's. If it is just under 7ft...then I can park it in the garage..otherwise, I will have to go with a 3" lift and 35's....The wife said it has to fit in the garage.
I have 4" lift with 37" tires and mine sits under 80" high with the hard top, the soft top will require MORE room but if your garage is a true 7' you'll have plenty of room.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Mine fits just fine. 4" superlift and 37s here. Only problem for me is that my garage is too short. Jeep touches both sides.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Just drive real slow the first time.

Mine won't fit if I have the sunrider open, but will with the top fully closed. Haven't tried it with the top all the way down (little cold), but I'm worried that the sunrider latches may catch when they are sprung up like that.

Hardtops are shorter due to less stuff above the doors and they're heavier. Maybe I can convince my wife that I need new bumpers so I don't worry about damaging the garage...

And I don't have 37s, just 315/70R17s.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Just drive real slow the first time.

Maybe I can convince my wife that I need new bumpers so I don't worry about damaging the garage...

And I don't have 37s, just 315/70R17s.

:thumb sup:

spoken like a true jeeper
Old 01-24-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

my jk willnt fit in my garage with just a ome lift and stock tires thats y i got a tent but now i have and it willnt fit in the tent with it on

Quick Reply: Will it fit in the garage