Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will Congo Cage or Gobi work with XHD Rear Bumper?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gobi rack

Anyone know if the gobi will fit with currie anti rock sway bars on the rear?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a quick photo of our RTT on the Cargo Master Rack. It was 2 adults and the weight of the tent on top and it held up exactly as it was supposed to. Fit w/ the XHD bumper is great. I'm still very happy with this rack and it held up great on a two week trip up to the olympic peninsula and back to the bay camping on the top the entire way. For roughly 1/4 the cost of the GOBI if you can get a good deal this thing has to be one of the best bang for buck add-ons I've done to my Jeep.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ericker
Here is a quick photo of our RTT on the Cargo Master Rack. It was 2 adults and the weight of the tent on top and it held up exactly as it was supposed to. Fit w/ the XHD bumper is great. I'm still very happy with this rack and it held up great on a two week trip up to the olympic peninsula and back to the bay camping on the top the entire way. For roughly 1/4 the cost of the GOBI if you can get a good deal this thing has to be one of the best bang for buck add-ons I've done to my Jeep.

I have the Congo Cage as well and really like it to carry my kayak. Do you have the Safari Rack also? How do you like it if so? Also, What tent is that and how much did it run you?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jstew182
I have the Congo Cage as well and really like it to carry my kayak. Do you have the Safari Rack also? How do you like it if so? Also, What tent is that and how much did it run you?
I don't have the safari basket. The tent is hooked up right to the rack. The tent brand is Tepui. They are out of Santa Cruz. The tent ran me right around $800 picked up when they were running a sale.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by livewire0212
Anyone know if the gobi will fit with currie anti rock sway bars on the rear?
Nope. You "might" be able to mod the Gobi bracket where it bolts to the frame but it looked to be way more than I wanted to attempt.

Quick Reply: Will Congo Cage or Gobi work with XHD Rear Bumper?