Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will this BB/shock combo work? Should I install it myself?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this BB/shock combo work? Should I install it myself?

I just bought my first Jeep (2011 Black 2DR JK) a few months ago and I'd like to make some modifications. I've been trolling Jeep sites for weeks deciding what to do. My Jeep is my daily driver, and sometimes I have to drive a few hundred miles in a week. I'm not going to be doing any serious off-roading, but I am a hunter and hit some muddy roads quite often. So, there is a legitimate need for better tires. I'd like to get some 33" mud tires (undecided what brand as of now), probably on my stock 17" rims. I'd like to powder coat them black for a better appearance.

I'm looking at the TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost without Shocks and adding Rubicon "take off" shocks. The Rubi shocks are from a 2010, but I assume they'll work on my 2011 with no problem.

So here are my questions..
1. Are the Rubi take offs a good combo with the Teraflex BB?

2. Is this an install that I can handle myself? (I've never attempted a lift, but I have a couple friends to help who are mechanically inclined)

3. Am I missing any components that are required to accommodate the above lift kit?

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

MTipton, i installed this same lift on my 2010 jk and it is not to bad of a job you should get everything you need with the lift bumpstops rear track bar bracket ,rear brake line drop brackets. it is alot less work than installing the AEV kit that i replaced it with there is great step by step instructions on this site
Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

33" tires won't rub at all with just the leveling kit? Would that provide enough clearance if I added front and rear bumpers later? Just trying to feel everything out. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds good! I'll look into the leveling kit! Thank you.

Quick Reply: Will this BB/shock combo work? Should I install it myself?