Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wild Bore Racks w/ RTT

Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Bore Racks w/ RTT

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Wild Bore roof racks? , I was thinking about ordering the 2 door squareback that tilts?? I want to use it for a roof top tent.

if anyone has any experience with these guys good or bad it would be much appreciated, thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

My daughter (TigerLily) put one on her 2 dr. Very strong rack. It is also pretty quiet on the freeway. She lives in California's Lost Coast where they get 80-100 inches of rain a year and the only rust has been on some of the fasteners (replaced with stainless and sealed with silicone sealant).

Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TigerLily
My daughter (TigerLily) put one on her 2 dr. Very strong rack. It is also pretty quiet on the freeway. She lives in California's Lost Coast where they get 80-100 inches of rain a year and the only rust has been on some of the fasteners (replaced with stainless and sealed with silicone sealant).

Wow.. thanks for the pic, that looks really good, did she get the tilting rack, or would she suggest it ??
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

The one she has is hinged at the rear. The basket tilts up, and if you disconnect the shocks, flips over towards the back. Using it this way, you can put a tarp over the basket proving a little shelter on the rear of the jeep. This is pretty handy in the rain/snow or if you would like some shade. Wild Boar sells some awning kits for this purpose.

The basket can also be removed leaving just the frame attached to the jeep. I believe some roof top tents mount to the frame after removing the basket but I haven't looked into these.

Quick Reply: Wild Bore Racks w/ RTT