Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wild boar or no?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wildboar issues

I have a wild boar top. Your concern about what to do if you have issues is very valid. My top leaked badly from the very begininng. Which I complained about here on this forum. The tech support were quick to offer help and after several months of back and forth ( even the actual manufacture of the top got involved) the leaking has stoppped. Now the bad news during this time i spent approx. 700.00. When I contacted the tech support team they told me I needed to contact the owners of the company. Which I did on Jan. 22. Guess what no response to date on this issue. I love the top but those are the facts. so the top might actually cost more than the actual stated price.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you for your reply

However, after three emails and no response I'm just getting tired of the whole process. No, I have not called , if they post an email address I thought they would respond. Do they respond when someone sends an email that wants to buy a top? Of course they do ! So why couldn't they take the time to return a note to a Customer with a problem with there product. As to Chris approving any work on the top I did not ask his approval because I just wanted the top to stop leaking. I figured since the shop was in contact with wild boar on how to proceed that they were giving me this info so I could fix the problem. The shop that did all the work has everything from invoices for the work they did to all email traffic between wildboar and the traffic between gaylord the manufacture of the top. I have also left my number On every email as a contact so that between his numerous trips to the warehouse he could call me at his convience to solve this problem. I think I have done my part on this issue now its wild boars turn to step and do the right thing.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by houston0
I have a wild boar top. Your concern about what to do if you have issues is very valid. My top leaked badly from the very begininng. Which I complained about here on this forum. The tech support were quick to offer help and after several months of back and forth ( even the actual manufacture of the top got involved) the leaking has stoppped. Now the bad news during this time i spent approx. 700.00. When I contacted the tech support team they told me I needed to contact the owners of the company. Which I did on Jan. 22. Guess what no response to date on this issue. I love the top but those are the facts. so the top might actually cost more than the actual stated price.
What leaked and what did they have to do to fix it?

Why would you pay another $700 to fix the leak in the first place?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Do the freedom top panels really leak? I'm thinking about getting a hardtop for my 2 door and hadn't even considered that. Granted, I wanted to go with a fastback top anyway but that's good to know.

Also, I noticed on the Wild Boar web site that you can get the fastback top with "exterior vanity lighting"...what's that? An image of a lighted mirror like the one my wife uses when putting on makeup mounted on the roof comes to mind!

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-06-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

I'M QUITE CERTAIN THIS IS BY FAR THE GREATEST THREAD I'VE EVER OBSERVED!
FIRST OF ALL, KUDO'S TO WILDBOAR FOR NOT BEING AFRAID TO SPEAK THEIR MINDS HERE, RESPECTFULLY OF COURSE. SECOND, GOOD JOB FORUM MEMBERS FOR CALLING OUT A MANUFACTURER ON Q.C. ISSUES, SO THAT A FRANK, BUT EDUCATED, CIVIL DISCUSSION MAY TAKE PLACE-THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ENOUGH. I'M REMINDED WHY I'M PROUD TO BE A PART OF JK-FORUM.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default I have talked to Wild boar!

Soon after my last post this morning I was contacted by Chris at WB. We had a very good discussion and I believe we have resolved all the issues with my expenses on the top. I very happy to report that WB has agreed to step and address the problem and resolve it. All anyone can ask of a company is that they stand behind their product and it appears that WB is that type of company. Thank you Chris for the call.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thank you very much for that response. I did notice your unofficial answer on that subject, and when the unofficial does become official I'll be placing my order that night.

Thanks so much for the response and unofficial heads up.

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-06-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Wow unreel, just got home and got on. Nice responses! Now my question to wild boar is, are the leaking issues fixed?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, I think this is my new boss!

Anyway, I was looking at LOD's web site and noticed in a picture showing off their rear bumper what appears to be a soft top fastback. Was this a Wild Boar product? Didn't see it on the site.

edit: Quick internet search and I answered my own question. Prefer the hard top anyway...

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-06-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Hi WBTS, I am posting from the UK and its well known that it rains a wee bit now n then however I have not had any leaking problems with my OEM freedom top (touch wood).
So as soon as you release the "not so secret half fastback top" I'm 'aving one, thats depending on shipping costs of course.
Have you ever shipped to the UK and if so what was the shipping cost?

Quick Reply: Wild boar or no?