Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wild Boar 4-dr JK Rack Review

Old 04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to Go Wildboar Customer Service and Support

It sucks he got on here trashing the product and didnt follow or read all the directions
Old 04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
Way to Go Wildboar Customer Service and Support

It sucks he got on here trashing the product and didnt follow or read all the directions
I couldnt have said it better myself!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, I'm glad that Wildbore came through. This is in the short list of possible updates that I want to get.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey man - I'm willing to take a hit if I make a mistake. Wild Boar called me up and advised it looked like I didn't install it properly. They are correct - I did not use silicone and I didn't paint the bolts. I used the manual from the old rack, even though they differ, and installed it like the old one.

I have to say I was impressed they said they would send a rep to me to redo the install.

Again - I want to stress the design of these racks are supurb and I mentioned that in my original post. Silicone will, in fact, reduce or eliminate the rust coming from the joint. Painting the bolts, however - this is a first for me.

That being said, I wil still going to change it to stainless hardware like their old racks came with. The rack clamps onto the body sheet metal and I am quite certain this sheet metal will fail long before the stainless bolts.

But, if you reread my post, the rust was only one issue. The other issues were 2. that each rack has come missing the necessary parts for assembly. Namely, screws to hold them together and a missing shock.

and

3. the mounting tabs on the frame did not line up to those on the rack. The new, updated rack was shipped because I was told there was a problem with the old racks and some of the mounting tabs were welded improperly.

I wrote in my original post, "In a nutshell, this rack is really good - I love that it swivels up, but apparently the quality control and the selection of supplied hardware is very poor at Wild Boar." Regardless of my installalation, I can't see the missing parts for three racks, mounting tabs that don't align and bolts that rust like this.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Was just at another site reading the insalation write up on this rack as I was going to buy it even with the rust. But I did notice they they said silicone was included with the rack. That plus the response here by Wild Boar make me take all the ill thoughts back.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

So the truth comes out...operator error ! No biggie...I had a feeling there had to be a story behind the story with a company that has won so many Chrysler design awards. I am kind of in shock, however, as I just found out the price of over a grand for their rack by reading the post above. I guess it goes with the saying that quality doesn't come cheap. It does surprise me, however, that they have the customers paint bolts to prevent rusting...kind of seems a little off with the rest of the design.

Yet another upgrade to put on my list for future...way future...modifications.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I understand how these things can happen in a growing business. Have you e-mailed the pictures to them. I would suggest doing so if you haven't. Based on Sgt Rocks comments it must not be status quo for them. I will still give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until I see how they respond to this situation.

I'm just saying dont hang a company out to dry based on what probably is the result of some growing pains. In a perfect world it wouldn't happen, but we all know how perfect the world is. I have been to their site and checked out their racks and really like them. I would just make sure my hardware was going to be stainless before I'd place the order.
I digress I knew a good company like Wild Boar would come through. All people want is a little customer service with their products. I think they proved they will provide it.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Kudos to Wild Boar, I only wish there were more "stand up" and reputable Companies like wild Boar.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

That is great. Way above and beyond to go twice.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Impressive! Cant do any better than that!

Quick Reply: Wild Boar 4-dr JK Rack Review