Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wild Boar 4-dr JK Rack Review

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk rack

WOW! sorry to hear about your issue with the rack.

i did buy mine at tierra del sol last year and the owner was very helpful and installed it for me. after a year the rack still looks like i bought over a year ago.

i have had no rust issues and has been on many trails. my stainless hardware still stands up to weather and has not tarnished.

many people i have come in contact with have all liked it and from the 2 other racks i have seen out there has no play or movement.

sorry to hear about your issue....

i have more rust on parts underneath my jeep that i would assume a big company like jeep would have taken care of......just another thought to ponder!

Last edited by sgt rock; 04-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ColinW
x2. I'm wondering about that...180 seems absolutely absurd for their mistake.
X3. I was planning to purchase this exact same rack. Now, I will not.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elias
X3. I was planning to purchase this exact same rack. Now, I will not.
X4 on this. Looking for a good rack, but this one sounds like way too much trouble.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand how these things can happen in a growing business. Have you e-mailed the pictures to them. I would suggest doing so if you haven't. Based on Sgt Rocks comments it must not be status quo for them. I will still give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until I see how they respond to this situation.

I'm just saying dont hang a company out to dry based on what probably is the result of some growing pains. In a perfect world it wouldn't happen, but we all know how perfect the world is. I have been to their site and checked out their racks and really like them. I would just make sure my hardware was going to be stainless before I'd place the order.

Last edited by falconfixer; 05-07-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rack

I was planning to purchase this exact same rack. But I will have to think about it now.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

As far as Wild Boar goes no where near their display at Offroad Expo, had lots of questions to ask and nobody to ask them to... This is the second setup that I have seen with the rust problem, growing pains usually will go away with the customer feedback. Be sure to take good pics ( like you are ), email them to them, and don't forget to be a unsatisfied customer! They are a sponsor here on the forum and I would suggest forwarding them this thread! Good luck and keep all of us in the loop .

Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Rubimon;429351]I understand how these things can happen in a growing business. Have you e-mailed the pictures to them. I would suggest doing so if you haven't. I will still give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until I see how they respond to this situation.

I'm just saying dont hang a company out to dry based on what probably is the result of some growing pains. In a perfect world it wouldn't happen, but we all know how perfect the world is. I have been to their site and checked out their racks and really like them. I would just make sure my hardware was going to be stainless before I'd place the order.

QUOTE]

If this was the first issue, I wouldn't have reviewed like this. But, in fact, it is not. I gave them the benefit of the boubt with two other racks. The first one was missing the screws to hold the rack together.

The secone one - heck... the tabs for mounting the rack to the frame were completely misaligned. Not by mere tanths of an inch where I could just drill - we are talking several inches. This was four entire tabs.

As much as I like these racks - brilliant design, as I've mentioned, I just don't see three times in a row of missing parts, parts that don't line up, more missing parts and severe rust issues as being coincidental. Perhaps I'm a cynic? THis may be, but if so, let me know.

My intention in this post is not to inflame or hang anyone out to dry - it's to save some of you some hard earned money. These racks are going through a company, so it's not hurting me like it would hurt you personally. This is the reason I'm not asking for my money back and sending back the racks. Honestly, to me, it's not worth the time to take them back apart, arrange for shipping, finding new boxes and sending them back. It's too much of an effort. I am just going to have one of my employees do what needs to be done to make them right. My point is... I shouldn't have to.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default rack

ya know i do agree with you...the flipper is i went to TDS to buy a rack from off road logic and i spent hours looking for the guy. wild boar-jk racks happen to be there and did the installation. maybe they changed things in production within a year?

soon i hope to put a rtt (roof top tent) up there for my overland travels and hope that i do not have issues with the weight distribution or put stress on any contact points.

i hope it all works out!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ColinW
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I've heard good things about this company. I would really like to hear what they have to say.

In the second to last pic, it actually looks like rust is coming, not from the fasteners, but from the tubular steel that is the rack itself. Is this right, or is there a fastener which is not visible in the pics?
I have to agree. The rust water looks like its coming from inside the tubing and seeping out where they connect. I would think sealing those joints with RVT or some sealant might help.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I went ahead and forward this thread to WILDBOAR and hmmmm.....welll you be the judge!!! Then sent me a pm and also contacted the forum user that was having the issues. If you read the post above this one you will see what customer service should look like......So, take back the nasty things you thought about them and be sure to folllow directions whenever you are installing something!! Unless they are wood halfdoors

Quick Reply: Wild Boar 4-dr JK Rack Review