Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wife just got death wobble.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my front shaft looked just like that when i changed it .. changed the shaft to a double cardon shaft and all problems are gone. i have no vibes and im runnin 7 degrees positive caster in front..
when u get a new shaft with new yokes that angle will be much less..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posts like this reaffirm my decision to not install any kind of lift, ever.
I know it can happen to a stock suspension, too. It's just not worth the trouble to me.
I hope it gets all sorted out for you. I'd be afraid to drive the thing on icy roads (or any roads, actually) with that shake you described.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Had the same problem with mine...went through 3 Chrysler steering dampers and 2 track bars finally we put and aftermarket Pro Comp damper on there and they replaced the track bar again and so far no more problems...Mine happened several times usually going down the interstate at 70 took 10 years off my life everytime it happen.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Ok. So back at the shop. Pulled the front shaft and took it for a spin. I havnt been able to reproduce the wobble. Even this morning in 4 hi it drove fine. Although when it did it last night I was climbing a long hill. Today I was coming down that hill. So if the shaft was just starting to go bad would it be more likely to Wobble/vibrate under load?
The tech said the shaft seems like it's just starting to go bad and he showed me the small spot where it's throwing grease from. He's gonna put it back in and I'm gonna go for another rip in 4 hi.

Quick Reply: Wife just got death wobble.