Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Width of Tires

Old 11-28-2016, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Width of Tires

Just a quick question I hope can get answered. How wide of a tire can you fit on a JK without lifting, spacing or rubbing?
Old 11-28-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The FAQ's indicate that a 33x10.50 should be ok.

Just remember that, given the exact same stated tire size, there can be rather large differences in both height and width from one tire mfg to the next. So just because you see a comment saying that a certain size did or did not work for them, it does not mean that it will or won't work for you.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also, different models, x, sport, rubicon etc have slightly different springs yielding different ride heights.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The FAQ's indicate that a 33x10.50 should be ok. Just remember that, given the exact same stated tire size, there can be rather large differences in both height and width from one tire mfg to the next. So just because you see a comment saying that a certain size did or did not work for them, it does not mean that it will or won't work for you.
okay, thank you! I will continue to do my homework on it but thank you for giving a good place to start.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yes, you,too will eventually end up at 35's, lift and wheels. I was asking that exact question 2 years ago and I wish I would have skipped the 285's and 305's and just done it right the first time. Words of iron right here

Quick Reply: Width of Tires