Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wider than 12.5" tires on your jk???

Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warlock13
Im looking to get the Nitto Mud Grapplers 38's or 37's here pretty soon and idk if i want to go 13.50 or 15.50

If i do the 13.50 what would be a good size rim to run??? So i can start looking.
from the feedback ive received on here, i would say that 9" wide would be a good size for that size of tire.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I'd say def better than stock. I was expecting a lot of sway and some pulling at high speeds. But nope.
That's why I love the BD. It comes with all of the extra stuff to correct handling. All I added to it was a steering stabilizer. (also black diamond)
And no sagging. More heighth than other 3" I've seen (around 4.125, I think it was), and it's hasn't dropped any farther than when I got it.
Well thats good to hear. That was really one of my biggest concerns. I plan on getting the steering stabilizer as well. Just hoping its not too much of a lift for the tires I have.

Quick Reply: wider than 12.5" tires on your jk???