Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wide Flat fenders

Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Flat fenders

Apparently Rhode Island has a fender law, which is news to me. Thought I did my research before I purchased my mb72s and 33X12.5s.

My question is to anyone running these measurments with fender laws, what are you using to cover them up? Im looking into the wide xenons, but I am not sure if they are going to be enough to cover. I did some measuring, looks like they will cover the tread, but not the ballooned out side wall.

Any input is valued. thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Not too sure about the side wall, gonna check with the inspection station before I buy the xenons. This is royal pain in the rear, I'm glad I kept my stock set up hah. I just wanna know if there are cheaper options
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rustyshackleford
My narrow xenons cover my 35s x 12.50
My 35 x 12.50's with 4.5" of back spacing stick out past the stock fenders on an 8.5" wide wheel, the narrow Xenons are 1.5" more narrow than stock. What width wheel and backspacing are you running to get the narrow zenons to cover up your tires?

To the OP, what size mb72's do you have? the 15's have 3.7" and the 17's have 4.5".
Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

I got the 15s. so yes its 3.7, not really sure if there are any great fender alternatives out there for that much backspace+tirewidth. might just have to hold on to the set of stock wheels until these duratracs are done for and I can go with the smaller width. I plan to get the ticket settled with my stock set and throw the mbs and duratracs right back on, so I wanna get something soon to compensate for the width

Quick Reply: Wide Flat fenders