Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wich bolt is best for gibson headers on jk 2010 stage 8

Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich bolt is best for gibson headers on jk 2010 stage 8

Hi I need to replace my headers bolts one of them cracked I will order new bolts but I don't know wich size
Is the correct size #8950 COLLECTOR KIT W/ (6) 3/8-16 X 1 | Stage 8

#8929 MOPAR INTAKE MANIFOLD | Stage 8

I heaerd that stage 8 is the best
Old 02-27-2014, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used Stage 8 and ARP. ARP is the best, hands down. The main thing is a very clean sealing surface and good gaskets. I have no experience with 3.8 headers. I've only done them on my older muscle cars, Olds, Fords, etc. On them, ARP worked best. I'm sure both would be fine for the Jeep.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Gibson headers and the bolts provided by Gibson shook loose short after the install. So I ordered the #8950 kit and found out that the bolts are too short: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...2/#post3837336

You also linked to the #8929 kit which has the same bolts as the #8950 kit just 1/4" longer. Not sure if those are long enough though. You should better take some measurements before you place an order. A few minutes well spent.

Good luck and please let us know what you are going to do to fix the loose bolts!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sebastian
I have the Gibson headers and the bolts provided by Gibson shook loose short after the install. So I ordered the #8950 kit and found out that the bolts are too short: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...2/#post3837336

You also linked to the #8929 kit which has the same bolts as the #8950 kit just 1/4" longer. Not sure if those are long enough though. You should better take some measurements before you place an order. A few minutes well spent.

Good luck and please let us know what you are going to do to fix the loose bolts!
Thnx a lot for ur reply I w as planning to buy the collector kit 8950 but know u tolled me that they r short and what I am going to do is buy an original bolt and see the size
I sent an email to the website for the stage 8 but no reply I will call them to see the wich is the correct one for my car and will order it affter the installation will let u know if I got any problem
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

I just got a reply from stage 8 support they tolled me The kit for your Jeep is Part # 6926 which comes with 12 bolts, that are M8-1.25x25mm one kit will fit.

#6928 MOPAR 3.5L V6 PROWLER SOHC | Stage 8
Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info but what can I say, 25 mm are definitely not going to be long enough either.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info but what can I say, 25 mm are definitely not going to be long enough either.
Sry bro I hope that info was going to help us I need the size of the bolts so that way I can get the correct size
My friend replaced the old bolts with new one he bought them new from chrysler and they were not loose
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the flange of the collector was flush with the flange of the header, 25 mm or 1" could work but there is a significant gap between the flanges which calls for at least another 1".

The original bolts from Chrysler come with a square nut and a retainer clip. This is better than the basic nuts and bolts provided by Gibson but still that bolt could shake loose even if the square nut is locked.

Quick Reply: wich bolt is best for gibson headers on jk 2010 stage 8