Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why we get a bad reputation

Old 06-10-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have jumped the gun but I more so meant the "JK owner" a bad name not the people who don't tread lightly. It gets old hearing people say I drive a mini van 😂
Old 06-11-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I a little jealous? Perhaps, but I'm more worried about the type of dealer he bought it from. With all the other expensive ass cars he was pointing out and then a JKU? I don't know how or what was done to build that one but while interior and bodywork looked good from what I've seen from Jeeps, trucks and the like from expensive dealers like that is much of it past the looks are done on the cheap. I hope that's not the case and I am happy to see a new owner as enthusiastic as he is. I wish him many long happy years with it and hope he takes the time to learn as much as he can.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rednroll
And the secret to his success, "Playing video games." Whatever that means.
he either helps design or market them or he is a sponsored player and spokesman. Both can be very high paying. No different than a pro basketball player getting sponsored by Nike
Old 06-12-2016, 12:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mainly i think it's the "built not bought" mentality. People who buy already built jeeps and use them as mall crawlers give JK owners a bad name because people call jk owners soccer moms or similar because of the people who have them and don't use them for what they're for. Just my thoughts
Old 06-12-2016, 03:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamsamrogers
Mainly i think it's the "built not bought" mentality. People who buy already built jeeps and use them as mall crawlers give JK owners a bad name because people call jk owners soccer moms or similar because of the people who have them and don't use them for what they're for. Just my thoughts
What are jeeps for? A jeep is for no other purpose than any other motor vehicle on the road. To get from point A to point B. Some people just choose to plan those points off public road ways. I'm not sure why it bothers people what others choose to use it for.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper

What are jeeps for? A jeep is for no other purpose than any other motor vehicle on the road. To get from point A to point B. Some people just choose to plan those points off public road ways. I'm not sure why it bothers people what others choose to use it for.
Summed up perfectly. It's a vehicle like every other on the road for transportation. Just happens to be one of a few that have 4x4 and massive customization options.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm happy for him. Anytime you can share a love for a vehicle it's a win. He's a little too goofy for me. Having done everything to my Jeep myself except the gears. I have a personal link to my Jeep. I have more in common with a person who is can tell me how to pull an axle than someone who doesn't know to change break pads. When I go to a meet and greet and talk to a guy with a sweet jeep and ask how he managed to put XX part on and he says "I don't know I had a 4x4 shop put it on" it makes me think he did not want to spend the time on it. I have to money to have to have a shop put all my stuff on but it's about having a link to the Jeep. Saying that even though I had my gears put in I was allowed in the bay to watch a master transmission tech who has been doing it for 20+ years do it. So now I have an understanding of how it is done. He probably doesn't care about how it was done or how much work was put into it. I feel bad for the Jeep it probably will never be pushed to its limits.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i can agree with a bit goofy

his mom and girlfriend were normal . Jeep was nice though i dont like blue . I can understand his passion for wanting to get a jeep though & the excitement . But i disagree with buying used over new ! I feel the other way around. I agree on the buying cash , but not every one has it up front. i give the footage a 3 star review *** The wave thing was a big factor
Id never buy a vehicle mostly for the wave thingy . I do wave but i never got excited over it . like harleys , after a while you dont wave all the time cuz yould be waving to every bike on the road and thats just ridiculous. nudge of the head is enough .

Dont think he gives jeep a bad name though. Not jealous of his jeep . To be honest

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-12-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

He is a Call of Duty YouTube commentator. So his "Job" is playing video games and commenting on them. I have always owned a Jeep, so for the last 18 years I have been waving as I see fit. Sometimes it's everyone, sometimes it's no one. I always give a hardy thumbs up to the quality built up Jeeps I see, extra points if it's a CJ or MB.

I'm not jealous of his Jeep, there are so many parts for our Jeeps that you can build it to fit your needs/likes. Sitting on 35's with a 3" lift I feel just as cool as the bone stock guy next to me, when we both rip our doors of and cruise!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

That could mean alot of different things, Video Game market is HUGE.

Quick Reply: Why we get a bad reputation