Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why is Warn 80' synthetic line more expensive then 100' of the same line?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Roryslife
Why does it matter? Is 80' better than 100'? Is there some applications where 100' is too much (won't fit on winch reel)?
In some winching situations it is easier to have less line on the drum. I would rather use line extensions then longer line. just personal preference.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have contacted Rockridge, Northridge, and 4wd.com and they have all said they would match Amazon's lowest price on the line. I aint making it up. Amazon uses multiple vendors to supply the best prices.
Good deal. I'm not saying you're wrong on this; I'm just saying that they aren't always willing to match prices that they feel aren't in their best interest, and say so on their websites.

Mainly, my original point was that this weird price-inversion thing isn't consistent across the board, and a quick look will get you a much better price on the 80' than the $320 that 4wd.com is asking for it...

Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every site that sells at a matching discount Northridge 4wd.com, rockridge etc, Amazon has the 100' cheaper and are the warn real deal.

Its rs hard to compare, Amazon, they sell at a higher volume and lower margin than most anyone else.

but as already mentioned, be sure to be comparing the exact same part numbers.

matthew
Old 04-05-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi

just an update I did get the 80' line via a matched Amazon price from a local shop. $229.20. It is amazing how light and easy to spool the sypdura is. By the time you replace the fairlead and line close to a 30lb savings.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just an update I did get the 80' line via a matched Amazon price from a local shop. $229.20. It is amazing how light and easy to spool the sypdura is. By the time you replace the fairlead and line close to a 30lb savings.

I'm still unclear why you wouldn't want to have 100 feet, but anyways what is that flat black nylon fabric looking thing wrapped around your spool?

matthew
Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I'm still unclear why you wouldn't want to have 100 feet, but anyways what is that flat black nylon fabric looking thing wrapped around your spool?

matthew
because 100' is too much when in certain situations it gets balled up on one end of the drum and jams against the supports. Also you have better winching power when you have less line wrapped on the drum, so say I need to winch to an anchor point 60' away I only have 20's of line on the drum vs 40' or what if the winching point is only 20 feet way with a 100' line I have 80' of line still wrapped on the drum so pulling power is going to be way down unless I use a block . The flat black thing is an abrasion sheath to protect the line. You can slide it around if in rocks etc so line is protected. heck 50' line is becoming the rage now. lol.

Quick Reply: Why is Warn 80' synthetic line more expensive then 100' of the same line?