Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

why so much hate for the body lift

Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lay your hand flat on a table and rock it forward and back with a little pressure... Now put hand on top of four beer bottles and rock forward and back.. This is your jeep on a body lift.. Lifting the body away from the frame makes the body mounting points rock back and fourth, flexing, bending and eventually ripping metal.
I don't "hate them"... Just wouldn't do it again!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

yep this thread has definitely convinced me out of a body lift. i think iv learnt that if you cant afford coils and new drive shafts you really can afford to lift it any higher then 2.5 -3 inches. : (.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by R n Y
Lay your hand flat on a table and rock it forward and back with a little pressure... Now put hand on top of four beer bottles and rock forward and back.. This is your jeep on a body lift.. Lifting the body away from the frame makes the body mounting points rock back and fourth, flexing, bending and eventually ripping metal.
I don't "hate them"... Just wouldn't do it again!
Did this happen to you? If so I would like to see some pics.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxCop07

Did this happen to you? If so I would like to see some pics.
Yes, on my CJ. no pix of damage but only 2 of the 6 tub mounts was actually holding the body on to the frame when it was removed. It was wheeled and 9 year old metal with 2" poly body. My fathers 95 YJ had split metal around 2 of body mounts. 1" lift with body mount bushings. Very little wheeling and no rust..not trying to tell anyone don't do it, but I spent the extra cash and did it the right way on JK.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default body lift trick

Works great. When instaling a body lift, spray some under coating on all the body lift joining surfaces(frame,body,body lift pucks,body mounts). Wile it is wet put it together and it will be sealed . No dirt,dust,water,or rust will be able to get in there . This eliminates that anoying squeak from the body lifts .
Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
Works great. When instaling a body lift, spray some under coating on all the body lift joining surfaces(frame,body,body lift pucks,body mounts). Wile it is wet put it together and it will be sealed . No dirt,dust,water,or rust will be able to get in there . This eliminates that anoying squeak from the body lifts .
took your suggestion.. i used the rubberized under body stuff... worked great.. thanks!

Quick Reply: why so much hate for the body lift