Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why not AEV?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Good points made as well.

Congrats to the OP on the decision too.

Thanks! I'll post pics too of my jeep when the time comes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
Forgot to mention they also recommended exhaust spacers or replacement front driveshaft. I went with a new front driveshaft as well.
How will you take care of caster adjustment as the AEV lift don't come with adjustable front LCA?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun

Will do for sure. I will take lots of before and after photos. Trying now to figure out if this is a lift I am gonna try and tackle myself or find a shop to do. I called around today in the Phoenix area and to my surprise am having a hard time finding a shop with experience installing AEV lifts. Not that it probably is any different than any other lift just thought it would be nice. Just follow the directions im sure. The couple places that said they would do it want between 800-1000 to install so doing it myself is sounding better. Trying to find the time is the hardest part and is also my dd. Anyone installed the 3.5" with steer kit? If so can you chime in and let me know what I am up against. Difficulty of install and time it takes? Thanks
I did mine in about a 1.5 days and I work slow b/c I'm overly OCD with my jeep; I'm running the SC with high steer kit.

It was a pretty basic install, however it was more complex than the teraflex 2.5 that I ran on my 2010 JK. My advice would be to ensure that you have all the correct size tools to complete the install, including the giant drill bit and a heavy duty drill for the drag link flip.

I did NOT and had to do quite a bit of running to find a drill bit large enough in the DC area. I also picked up a drill with enough torque to rip an arm off.

A lot of people don't like this lift for its price and lack of LCA's. I am in the city and on highways 90% of the time with only camping and mild trails with my family; for what I do the AEV was the best option.

Quick Reply: Why not AEV?