Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why is this light on ????

Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is this light on ????

My traction light is on along with the ESP bas light. It came on once before then they went off now they are on and I noticed the alignment is off
Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Most likely your steering wheel is off center. It's an easy fix by adjusting the drag link. It could also be your wheel speed sensors but I would try centering your steering wheel first.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by river2c
Most likely your steering wheel is off center. It's an easy fix by adjusting the drag link. It could also be your wheel speed sensors but I would try centering your steering wheel first.
X2 on this...Google search "jeep jk 30 min alignment tech" and it will show u clear pics and detailed instructions on how to do it
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the steering wheel is not off center you may have an ABS sensor that has failed or if one of the ABS tone rings is damaged or dirty you will also get ABS/ESP lights
Old 08-26-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Hey Heather, gotta agree with the others on your steering being off center. Just take the two nuts shown below on the drag link and loosen them. Now the adjuster will turn on axis. Turn it either up or downward, totally dependent upon which way your steering wheel needs to go. I've had to do this a couple of times, very common issue and easily resolved. You can eyeball it, but it is better to get something like I have ( AEV Procal module) which will tell you right when you're on center. Do not be surprised if the lights do not go off immediately. It takes awhile for the computer to update, in my case about 20 miles or 40 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	492224
Old 08-26-2013, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have u tried seeing if there are Ny codes being thrown. I've had this prob for 2 years. I get c1210. Low circuit lateral g sensor
Old 08-27-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks looks like I will experiment my next day off.

Quick Reply: Why is this light on ????