Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

why get a V8 engine swap

Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say "I wish I didn't do the V8 swap!"

It's how the Jeep should come from factory!

2010 JKU 37's 6.2 LS with 6L80 Trans, both new out of the crate!

I love it, couldn't be happier.... and I even had a supercharger and 35's before the LS and she was still a pig going down the road, always searching for gears etc...

It's not for everybody and not everybody can do it but if you do you won't regret it!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cod
I don't think I've ever heard anybody say "I wish I didn't do the V8 swap!"

It's how the Jeep should come from factory!

2010 JKU 37's 6.2 LS with 6L80 Trans, both new out of the crate!

I love it, couldn't be happier.... and I even had a supercharger and 35's before the LS and she was still a pig going down the road, always searching for gears etc...

It's not for everybody and not everybody can do it but if you do you won't regret it!
What was the round about price for your swap and what fuel milage are you seeing from that hoss
Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Pacific Fabrication will sell you the engine, engine and electrical, or just the electrical.

Here is the leter. I miss quoted the price though. read below. I have not tried their product so I can't speak to the quality and service. But the price is right.

Hi,
Thanks for your inquiry into our product. All of our harnesses are stand alone for the engine. What this means is that it can be put into any vehicle with an LS engine.

We do offer a harness with the smog controls in it starting at $825. Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to get an order started
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why get a V-8?

For the same reason people buy a Wrangler......

For fun, of course.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

I agree 100% with ShakyJake. Had mine converted to Hemi 5.7vvt a couple of years ago by a place in the DFW Metro called Screamin' Lizard Customs. New crate motor + trans, turn key, w/warranty set me back about $22K, but it drives like it should have from the factory. With my 3.8L (35s, 4.88s, auto, + lots of weight), I ran a test course over some very moderate hills on the highway - downshifted on every single one. With the hemi it just chugs right up and over, no hunting for gears or downshifts whatsoever. It's by far the best modification I've made because it makes the Jeep drive like a dream, down right enjoyable. I'm just an old man that likes to drive 'elegant' (Granville King style - look it up!), so I don't push it much. My foot's not in it to show off, but I know the power is there if/when I need it. I've wheeled in high altitudes - no problem. Texas heat - no problem. Rock crawling - no problem. Cruise works, no idiot lights, just solid, smooth power. I struggled between the V-8 swap and RIPP, but if you can come up with the dough, you'll never regret swapping to a V-8, like someone else said.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EsByrd
What was the round about price for your swap and what fuel milage are you seeing from that hoss

Sorry for late response, around 27ish but that is a new crate 6.2, new crate 6l80E, heavy duty radiator etc. etc... MoTech Kit, RPMOffroad in Bristol, TN did the install

Quick Reply: why get a V8 engine swap