Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why does this not exist?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why does this not exist?

Maybe I am the only person that wants a rack the way I want it.

What I want is a rack for my jeep that has the following attributes:

Will not interfere with snorkel

Completely removable without tools!
Leaving a header bar over the windshield would be okay, but I want to be able to remove the rest of the unit with 2 people. Yes there would still be a bracket or a mount left somewhere.

Why, well it is simple. I want to be able to rack up, load up with gear, drive to the trail, unload, drop the rack and go wheeling.

The closest thing I have found is from Warrior, but I cant handle having a pair of A frames on the side of the jeep when I remove the rack. 1 run down the foryce trail and they will be ripped off.

Anybody? Am i the only one wanting this?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I have a 2dr and do to the limited space have been considering a rack......but I have yet to find one I like...........so the wait continues.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too...trying to find a solution with same properties. Been thinking of using some strong glue / adhesive to fit some kind of low profile legs permanently on hardtop then some easyfit bars to them but am waiting summer to arrive asw it´s below freezing now and glue will not stick in low temps.

Quick Reply: Why does this not exist?