Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why best idea for suspension lift to be kept under 2.5" and TF kit?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am sold on 2.5" Teraflex kit. The question, which one of the three choices would you guys recommend?
My Jeep is 2010 Unlimited Rubicon, from reading lots of post it seems that Rubi stock shocks are good enough and there is no need to replace them especially that my rig is still new (1K miles on it). To get the best articulation would the kit with adapters be the best choice?

One thing I can't figure out, once I upgrade to this lift kit, will I loose capability of electronically disconnect sway bar from the comfort of the cabin?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

One thing I can't figure out, once I upgrade to this lift kit, will I loose capability of electronically disconnect sway bar from the comfort of the cabin?
No change. Longer rear links come with the lift, then you move the stock rear links up front.

To get the best articulation would the kit with adapters be the best choice?
New 'longer' shocks may give slightly better articulation, but as long as you like the ride with your current shocks, you will be fine with the adapters.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

How are the stock Rubi shocks compare to the teraflex shocks that come in the package?

I can't say I am thrilled about the ride quality, it is a bit too rough compared to my Tacoma 4x4. I am hoping though if I put more metal (front bumper and winch) it will smooth out the ride a little.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the TF 2.5" coil kit and adapters. I love the ride, and did not add any more parts to the kit. I don't plan to either.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=SFBayArea;2110550]How are the stock Rubi shocks compare to the teraflex shocks that come in the package?

I can"t comment as compared to the Rubi shocks but my tf 2.5 coil lift came with the extended tf shocks and im very happy with the ride and comfort.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the 2.5" coil lift from TF and I ran it for 10 months with their shock extension's and loved it. It took me everywhere I needed/ wanted to go and I had 33's on it. I got a little over 3" in the front and a little over 2.5" out of the rear. But I would go with the coil kit vs the kit with spacers.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rcdude3
I had the 2.5" coil lift from TF and I ran it for 10 months with their shock extension's and loved it. It took me everywhere I needed/ wanted to go and I had 33's on it. I got a little over 3" in the front and a little over 2.5" out of the rear. But I would go with the coil kit vs the kit with spacers.
Yes if it's a matter of $...wait till you have it and do it right with the coil lift...I have no regrets and couldn't be happier with the outcome of the system.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcdude3
I am all confused now, when I go to TF web site I see three different lift kits for 2.5":
1. 2.5" JK Lift Kit w/Shocks (2 dr)
SKU:
2. JK 2.5" Lift Kit w/ Adapters (2 dr)
SKU: 1352002
3. JK 2.5" Lift Kit (2 dr)
SKU: 1351002

Is this the coil kit everyone talking about? Is there any other kind of kit from TF that I can't find?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
I am all confused now, when I go to TF web site I see three different lift kits for 2.5":
1. 2.5" JK Lift Kit w/Shocks (2 dr)
SKU:
2. JK 2.5" Lift Kit w/ Adapters (2 dr)
SKU: 1352002
3. JK 2.5" Lift Kit (2 dr)
SKU: 1351002

Is this the coil kit everyone talking about? Is there any other kind of kit from TF that I can't find?
TF has a lot of different kits for the JK, and a lot of variations of kits using the same coils. The three you listed would be using the same 2.5" coils. One with no shocks or extensions (and you would provide your own), one with extensions for your stock shocks, and one with new shocks. Which way you go is a preference.

You would have the same options available with the 2.5" spacers instead of coils.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
TF has a lot of different kits for the JK, and a lot of variations of kits using the same coils. The three you listed would be using the same 2.5" coils. One with no shocks or extensions (and you would provide your own), one with extensions for your stock shocks, and one with new shocks. Which way you go is a preference.

You would have the same options available with the 2.5" spacers instead of coils.
Ok, so in the nutshell, the lifts that I listed are indeed the "coil" lift kits that everyone thinks great thing about. I've been looking for the one with shock adjusters or whole kit with shocks, can't decide yet.

Quick Reply: Why best idea for suspension lift to be kept under 2.5" and TF kit?