Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanBlack321
I think you got me confused with the guy talking about his dads Jeep....

yeah, I actually just ordered the Aeroforce Gauges which actually act just like a Procal as well as being a gauge.

I was looking at the flash paq as a possibility for now.... I am never really in a huryy to get anywhere so I agree with you about not needing a fast Jeep... So you think a Flash paq would make a diff?

I have a 6 speed rubicon that had 4.10s. I went to 35s and lived with the 4.10s (with a flashpaq) for a while. Then I did a set of 4.88s. I'd do it again without any hesitations.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanBlack321
I think you got me confused with the guy talking about his dads Jeep....

yeah, I actually just ordered the Aeroforce Gauges which actually act just like a Procal as well as being a gauge.

I was looking at the flash paq as a possibility for now.... I am never really in a huryy to get anywhere so I agree with you about not needing a fast Jeep... So you think a Flash paq would make a diff?
For a modded Jeep (35's and a lift kit), ten out of ten people will say, out of all the mods,the superchips flashpaq, is the best money spent; although, people will consider the gearing option as to be most improved mod for their performance lost...

personally, i think i would be freaked out, driving on flat lands w/ 5.13's gearing and I would consider my first stop the flashpaq. but I am mostly stock and IMO i think the flashpaq will be useless to me at this point of time.

I've been very tempted just to buy my dad a flashpaq to hear him quit whining about his f$#* jeep, cause it gets old

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 07-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default love my 35s

i just had my 35 km2 put on yesterday and i still have the stock 3.73 gears in and im running the tire at 35 psi (way to high) but i havent seen that much mpg loss, i expected more the dash fuel econ read 16.5 before and now it reads 15.9 and i put about 30 or so miles on it. But i dont know how accurate this is because 1 i dont trust the dash and 2 nothing is properly set. Superchips arives tonight and their is most likely a regear in the future
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

so what about 35's with 3.73s on a 2door auto. I know I will be turning OD off. But has anyone done it? How is it on the highway/ daily driving and wheeling? Re-gear is slated for the future what gears would you recommend? Thanks guys!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 35s, auto, and a superchip. It runs...fine. Not much pep, I don't pass often, and hills slow her down a bit, but no big deal...yet.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default So far so good

I have a 2010 unlimited auto with 3.73 gears. Love the 35's MTR goodyears. Gas mileage went from 15 to 11 with the tires. Added the Superchips and mpg went up to 14 in city driving. The superchips helped alot. Running the 87 tune now. Also calibrated the new tires. Will do 5.13 sometime, but now I am in no hurry.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.

Our 2dr sahara with 3.73 6spd was fine on flatter highways and great city driving.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in South Arkansas and have a 2010 Unlimited with 3.73's, auto., and 35X12.50X17 Kumho KL71 MT's with a ProCal and am getting on average 16.5 mpg on the highway running 70mph. I drive mine around town with the OD button still on which doesn't really matter since your not shifting in high gear very much at all but when I get on the highway it is a must to push it and turn it off. I would love to regear but really and truly it isn't that bad and it is just one less thing that would have to be changed back to stock if I wanted to get rid of it or go back to the stock wheels and tires. It would also be one less thing the dealership could blame on me if I had a problem with my driveline since it's still stock!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KRAZYGREEK
Ryan,

I have a 2010 unlimited with 3.73s and 35 BF goodwrench All Terrains and my jeep is pretty damn slow. I live in Arizona and have taken it to the mountains several times and it was not too bad. For me it is hard to justify $2,000 for new gears. I was also told by several places that if I do regear it will actually help my gas mileage. I am currently getting 16-18 mpg depending on how I drive. Did your dad buy a something to recalibrate his tire size? My jeep was telling me I was getting 13mpg before I bought the Pro-cal module and it changed my tire size and speedometer. I have included the link below just incase you need it. I bought mine from Quadratec.com and it cost about $200 and was worth every penny.

aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/[/url]
You should be able to get it from David at Northridge 4x4 for less than $150 shipped!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gripthor
35's with 3.73 for 50K.

You're in a Jeep, you should never be in a hurry to get anywhere, the 3.8 will get you there and you'll have a smile on your face the whole time with your 35's
welll said.

just enjoy the drive, and smile at all the babes checkn' you out

Quick Reply: Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.