Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who is running E rated tires on thier JK?

Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran 31", E rated, General Grabbers on my lifted Jeep Liberty when I had it. Now I'm running 33", C rated, Duratracs on my JK. There's not enough of a difference between an E and a C for me to give it much consideration with a tire purchase. I'd be more concerned with tire weight, tread pattern and wear performance. At the end of the day my Jeep is a truck, not a Caddy. I don't expect a plush ride.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run 285/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler and love them. I run them at 29 PSI. It rides better that the original BFG's.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

If my Jeep wasnt a driveway princess, I would run a good all-terrain. They cost less and better milage. As for the ride, I dont think my MT is a bad ride, just heavy and expensive.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you are correct. I need to accept the standard characteristics of the JK, it is a truck with a 5 link front end. I have recently added Bilstein shocks, they made a difference, changed from LCA's to drop brackets, that made a difference, but I am looking for that little bit more. So think the 2 ply tyres will make a difference, but maybe not enough to justify changing.

Originally Posted by OscarTheJeep
I ran 31", E rated, General Grabbers on my lifted Jeep Liberty when I had it. Now I'm running 33", C rated, Duratracs on my JK. There's not enough of a difference between an E and a C for me to give it much consideration with a tire purchase. I'd be more concerned with tire weight, tread pattern and wear performance. At the end of the day my Jeep is a truck, not a Caddy. I don't expect a plush ride.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default duratrac

I'm running the duratrac 265/70/17E stock Rubi wheels, on my 2011 2dr. Love 'em ride is great mpg 17-22 during city and hwy driving. However I do drive like Grandma around town. Off road mpg is in the gutter. But hey it's a jeep not a smart car.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
RND
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
What tire, size and air pressure? Would you by E rated again? Why or why not?

I am looking at the Cooper S/T Maxx tires but they are only available with an E rating and I've read many mixed reviews on doing E's so I want to hear from some folks with first hand experience and if they would do it again or not.

CooperTiresConsumer - Discoverer S/T MAXX<span class='trademark'>™</span>
Pulled the trigger on 255/80/17 KM2s and will be buying the same model in a 285/75- both E rated.

Quick Reply: Who is running E rated tires on thier JK?