Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 11-07-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
No. It stays open all on it's own. It actually takes a bit of effort to close it. No more tailgate swinging closed on you while you load up the back. The only way I could see it swinging closed is if you parked facing down a very steep slope. Other than that it stays open until you close it.

And for everone else, so many pictures popped up of the bumper I didn't bother taking more shots of it, but if there's any part anyone wants to see specifically, let me know.
If you wouldn't mind, a couple of closeup shots of the arm that connects the tire carrier to the tailgate, and the tailgate plate would be nice...thanks!

Can anyone post a video of the opening and closing?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

I'd want the Rampage Recovery Bumper - I like the lights in the back for yanking people out.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12121_110_07.htm

edit: apparently, I'm also an idiot, as I realized (later) that you're looking for a tire carrier, as well.

Last edited by snowbdr88; 11-07-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glwood6
If you wouldn't mind, a couple of closeup shots of the arm that connects the tire carrier to the tailgate, and the tailgate plate would be nice...thanks!

I know that there are a few in the installation instructions on the Expedition One site that I looked at, and the whole system made more sense to me after that.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WV99XJ
That is a bulldog Fab custom bumper
Right. Here's a pic from their web site before the winch and tire carrier were added:
Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

As LittleJon suggested, definitely take a look at the Expedition One page for better pics. It's actually pretty hard to take pictures with a 37" tire in the way, but this is the best I could manage.

Also doesn't help that I stink at using a digital camera. lol Also, you'll note some surface rust, ask others, but I did take the in house demo piece to get mine delivered without a wait and I believe the ones that go out are a bit more finished. I've keep putting off taking off the wheel and scuffing off the rust and hitting the few spots with some rustoleum.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 11-07-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
As LittleJon suggested, definitely take a look at the Expedition One page for better pics.

Also doesn't help that I stink at using a digital camera. lol Also, you'll note some surface rust, ask others, but I did take the in house demo piece to get mine delivered without a wait and I believe the ones that go out are a bit more finished. I've keep putting off taking off the wheel and scuffing off the rust and hitting the few spots with some rustoleum.
Thanks for the pictures. I don't know if it's my computer at work, or what, there's no photos showing on their website on the instructions, just some x's...anyway, thanks.

I seem to have hit them right when a shipment is due in, they are shipping my bumper next week, one week after I ordered it...
Old 11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oli~d
saw this one the other week in albuquerque. dont have any info on it except it said "combat rescue" on it. anybody know?

HAHA, Yeah... its mine! And Bulldog Fab is the maker. Although it isn't quite finished yet since we ran out of time and the latch he ordered for it hadn't come in before I left for my school here. So it looks a little rough in a couple of places, but as soon as I'm done with flight school here he's going to finish it.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by glwood6

RacerX posted these pics on another thread. Might be what you are looking for: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=expedition
Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cody
HAHA, Yeah... its mine! And Bulldog Fab is the maker. Although it isn't quite finished yet since we ran out of time and the latch he ordered for it hadn't come in before I left for my school here. So it looks a little rough in a couple of places, but as soon as I'm done with flight school here he's going to finish it.
i liked it! i was in town working on one of your sims. i had to find out more on the rear winch mount!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I wanted something bold, but not in your face. And obviously something functional.

was it a 60 sim? or another one? I'm glad I'm done with the sims for a while. They're a bit tough for us back-enders . Good training for the front guys, but nothing like the real bird for me, although it beats the hell outa powerpoint!

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier