Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 10-31-2008, 03:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdhexpert
looking at rear bumpers, who makes the best rear bumper to match the AEV front bumper for both style and finish?
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but IMO it's hard to beat the Expedition One Rear Bumper. I also have the AEV front and the two go together nicely and both compliment the lines of the Jeep extremely well. Plus I love the fact that the tire carrier is integrated into the tail gate and opens as one unit.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by j33per
That LOD that Wayoflife showed is very nice indeed. I like the Expedition One's design that allows the boot and carrier to be opened in one motion. The finish of the Exp. One I really don't like though.

Any news on AEV's rear bumper effort?
What is it you don't like about the finish? It's a simple black powder coat nearly identical to that on the AEV front? Or were you going by the pic posted earlier in the thread of an Exp One rear that had been Herculined?

And sorry for multiple back to back posts on this, but I just saw this thread and don't have anything but great things to say about the Expedition One Rear Bumper.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone got a good shot of a powder coated Expedition One.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Windrocker
Anyone got a good shot of a powder coated Expedition One.
X2, would like to see if it matches my front mopar.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Mountain Offroad (M.O.R.E.) and like it alot. Very quiet and strong. No rattling.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by somewhereinla
AEV is finalizing the design and we should see what it looks like within a month or so. Might be worth it to wait a bit more...
I did see on the AEV forum that they are now in the final design stages (what ever that means) There were rumors of a "unveiling" at SEMA but with SEMA starting next week that rumor is false. AEV Dave did say the current bumper (in the design phase) would be tested and released in the next few weeks. I guess we will wait and see.

I will wait for about another couple months but then I'm done waiting and will pull the trigger on a rear bumper. I was hoping to find one with a similar finish to the AEV and one that wouldn't clash to bad.

If I was a vendor ..... since AEV has taken so long to get this bumper to market, I would offer finishes on my bumpers to compliment the AEV finish. All else being equal, I would go with one that matched.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allterrain
Super nice. Makes my Warn look like a dog
what's wrong with the WARN bumper? I think it looks awesome
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
What is it you don't like about the finish? It's a simple black powder coat nearly identical to that on the AEV front? Or were you going by the pic posted earlier in the thread of an Exp One rear that had been Herculined?

And sorry for multiple back to back posts on this, but I just saw this thread and don't have anything but great things to say about the Expedition One Rear Bumper.
I currently have the FabFours rear bumper and tire carrier, am seriously contemplating selling it and getting the Expedition One, that's how much I want to have a tire carrier that opens with the tailgate. I don't know if you installed your Expedition One yourself, if you did, was it a pain to adjust the tire carrier? And how was the installation overall? Can you tell me what the turnaround time is from ordering to receiving? I'm just full of questions...it's hard to buy something you can't personally see and put your hands on, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can before I unload my FF and order the ExpOne...thanks!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default ...

I have the warn rear w/swing-away..., added/modified a warrior rear rack w/fuel can carriers to work on the swing-away, also added mounting for hi-lift...,

Old 10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
SaharaBlackNo1, yes, I don't like that Herculiner finish but am very impressed with the shape and functionality of the Expedition One. If AEV hasn't got its version available by March 2009, I'll opt for the Exp One providing they have a matching finish to the AEV front...

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier