Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FINALLY!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This tracking update has been requested by:
Name: (not provided by requestor)
E-mail:
Tracking number 2004353116
Estimated delivery Dec 21, 2009
Service type LTL Longhaul

Tracking results as of Dec 16, 2009 8:47 AM CST

Date/Time Location/Activity
Dec 15, 2009 9:22 PM TACOMA, WA/Left FedEx origin facility
Dec 15, 2009 6:31 PM BREMERTON, WA/Picked up

Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Dear Bill Nye,

The word "nicest" implies opinion, because it's not quantifiable by facts alone. There is no empirical data to back up "nicest", because nicest has no set standard here. Thereby allowing various answers to be the "correct" one. It's clear though that you don't quite understand the concept of or context for opinions, no doubt because of your Scientific Background.

You're just not arguing logically. lol You came in to a thread asking for people's opinions and then say you didn't know this forum was based on threads where OPs seek opinions, not facts. lol Maybe you should go into the "coolest pic ever" thread and argue that they can't say theirs is the coolest pic ever too. lol

Ok enough reliving the debate team years. lol

Back on topic:
JK-Rubi, the only other rear bumper I can think of that accomodates a rear winch is the Olympic Smuggler.
River Raider makes a rear winch bumper/tire carrier
Old 12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sdhexpert
FINALLY!!!!!

This tracking update has been requested by:
Name: (not provided by requestor)
E-mail:
Tracking number 2004353116
Estimated delivery Dec 21, 2009
Service type LTL Longhaul

Tracking results as of Dec 16, 2009 8:47 AM CST

Date/Time Location/Activity
Dec 15, 2009 9:22 PM TACOMA, WA/Left FedEx origin facility
Dec 15, 2009 6:31 PM BREMERTON, WA/Picked up

Disclaimer
This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the Requestor noted above. FedEx does not validate the authenticity of the request and does not validate, guarantee or warrant the authenticity of the request, the requestor's message, or the accuracy of this tracking update. For tracking results and fedex.com's terms of use, go to fedex.com.
Da..!!! Beat me by two days!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fathom
Da..!!! Beat me by two days!
Now I just have to figure how to put it under the tree and look surprised Christmas morning
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Now I just have to figure how to put it under the tree and look surprised Christmas morning
My wife offered to do it for me!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

I picked up the full width trail series with tires carrier from
*Expedition one*

I love it and it's built like a tank.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

i like this one. they don't have the best rep though

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	34436
Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Default AEV on

Received the AEV on the 19th. Actually installed it on the 24 (ahhh.... this, for all you young marrieds, is a GREAT way NOT to impress the wife! ). Here are my results:

I went with the AEV primarily because I thought the "tube" look which has garnered so much criticism would tie in well with the MBRP rock rails. I think it works well. The light for the mast still needs to be installed.

Only criticism I have is the instructions were shi... not too good. Supposedly AEV held up shipment because the instructions were not finished, they needn't have bothered!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my AEV on today also. Got it on the 23rd from Northridge. Waited until today to put it on (I got kids and a wife I want to keep!)

Got to say the AEV instructions are $hit. Again (as with the front bumper) the whole thing is over designed and the length of install reflects it.

What is not obvious is the bumper slides inside of the frame rails and the swing arm bracket is mounted through the frame into the bumper. The bolts that mount through the bracket, and frame end and into the new bumper are a real pain. First you have to use a wrench, no room for a 1/2 drive socket or air tools. You would think with all the time they had they could have come up with something you don't have to lie on your back and crank them an 1/8 of a turn at a time. Also with these bolts, it is really hard to line up the holes with those crappy unusable water containers in the way.

Would it really been that hard to offer a water container delete option?

Some of the things missing from the AEV install still puzzle me .... for greater than $1700 bucks you would think all the fasteners would be s/s and not the crap from lowes or home depot. The cap for the "water" containers is white? (wtf?) the rest of the thing is completely black and the cap looks like crap. There was no aw$hit covers for the stock rubber tire bumpers on the tailgate. Guess I will have to go looking for a 10 cent rubber grommet that AEV could have included.

I do have to agree with fathom the instruction appear to be written by someone who was very familiar with the bumper and had been involved from the beginning. The problem with getting someone like that to write instructions is that they leave out important parts that the purchaser needs to know ..... like a cross reference calling out the names of the brackets involved. How the f am I suppose to know what a anti roll bracket is???

Here are some pics .....

Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my AEV on today also. Got it on the 23rd from Northridge. Waited until today to put it on (I got kids and a wife I want to keep!)

Got to say the AEV instructions are $hit. Again (as with the front bumper) the whole thing is over designed and the length of install reflects it.

What is not obvious is the bumper slides inside of the frame rails and the swing arm bracket is mounted through the frame into the bumper. The bolts that mount through the bracket, and frame end and into the new bumper are a real pain. First you have to use a wrench, no room for a 1/2 drive socket or air tools. You would think with all the time they had they could have come up with something you don't have to lie on your back and crank them an 1/8 of a turn at a time. Also with these bolts, it is really hard to line up the holes with those crappy unusable water containers in the way.

Would it really been that hard to offer a water container delete option?

Some of the things missing from the AEV install still puzzle me .... for greater than $1700 bucks you would think all the fasteners would be s/s and not the crap from lowes or home depot. The cap for the "water" containers is white? (wtf?) the rest of the thing is completely black and the cap looks like crap. There was no aw$hit covers for the stock rubber tire bumpers on the tailgate. Guess I will have to go looking for a 10 cent rubber grommet that AEV could have included.

I do have to agree with fathom the instruction appear to be written by someone who was very familiar with the bumper and had been involved from the beginning. The problem with getting someone like that to write instructions is that they leave out important parts that the purchaser needs to know ..... like a cross reference calling out the names of the brackets involved. How the f am I suppose to know what a anti roll bracket is???

Here are some pics .....

I like this one...

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier