Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 08-23-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
I'm answering both your posts one after the other, but only quoting the 2nd.

1) You're not from the U.S. are you? Based on the way you phrase certain things and take things very literally, that's my guess.
2) I don't drink, but often can be illogical. lol However in the case of my argument, as I stated, "nicest" is a word that is subjective to opinion.

---
3) I'm really happy with the RIPP supercharger. For the amount of money spent (little in comparison to having a hemi installed) it's a great addition that makes driving the JK even more fun. For anyone who can't do a hemi install on their own, and doesn't want to spend 18k plus it's well worth it.

4) I've had the Brembos sitting at my house for what must be at least a year, but unfortunately the install isn't a simple swap and several shops haven't wanted to tackle it. Finally about a month and a half ago or so I found a shop that's actually going to be selling a kit to do the swap and is beta testing it and I was supposed to get the brackets, etc to test it myself, but they don't seem to be returning calls/emails. Could be due to the fact that they were thinking of abandoning the SRT8 Brembos for Wilwood calipers or that they were having other issues. They couldn't get the parking brake to work and the brake light remained lit, they swapped the master cylinder also, which I don't think Burnsville did when they did the swap, so maybe they've just hit a few stumbling blocks. I've been a bit busy here so I haven't really kept on them much about getting the parts.

5) I have the Expedition One and highly recommend it, but the Olympic Smuggler looks pretty cool, but I've only seen it in magazines. Someone on this forum ordered one at one point, but I think I recall them cancelling the order because it was taking too long. Aside from that person I can't remember anyone actually having it or ordering it.

Edit: Oops and I almost forgot Bill Nye "The Science Guy". Kinda like Mr. Wizard only a bit more recent. "Educational" saturday morning programming to get kids interested in science.
1) ,Correct I was not born in USA (nevertheless got one of my M.S. in USA)...and I am usually multitasking while typing these posts [working on 2 laptops (VPN to work on multiple servers), playing with my dogs, watching TV, uploading movies to my home network, eating etc...]

2) "nicest" is of course subjective to an opinion..my point was that opinions should be supported... . Just saying "it is the nicest thing" does not help the forum community! ...

3) I am thinking of upgrading my jeep with a RIPP. Would you be in the SF Bay Area?

4) I love Brembo (motorcycles and Porsche GT2 experience )! I have custom Wilwood on my 67 mustang and they are very good. But nothing is like Brembo! (the look, power, reliability and R&D/race department behind the scene).

5) I think that I am going to go with AEV tire carrier. (I am looking for something that is user friendly )

6) Bill Nye and Mr Wizard ! lol Ok i will have to give them a try!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rolly
1) ,Correct I was not born in USA (nevertheless got one of my M.S. in USA)...and I am usually multitasking while typing these posts [working on 2 laptops (VPN to work on multiple servers), playing with my dogs, watching TV, uploading movies to my home network, eating etc...]

2) "nicest" is of course subjective to an opinion..my point was that opinions should be supported... . Just saying "it is the nicest thing" does not help the forum community! ...

3) I am thinking of upgrading my jeep with a RIPP. Would you be in the SF Bay Area?

4) I love Brembo (motorcycles and Porsche GT2 experience )! I have custom Wilwood on my 67 mustang and they are very good. But nothing is like Brembo! (the look, power, reliability and R&D/race department behind the scene).

5) I think that I am going to go with AEV tire carrier. (I am looking for something that is user friendly )

6) Bill Nye and Mr Wizard ! lol Ok i will have to give them a try!

My father was from Spain and he sometimes took things very literally and missed some nuances that "Americans" often just know from years of use, so it was based on that and that alone that I suspected you weren't born here, because your grammar and educational credentials most likely far exceed everyone else in the thread. lol

As far as the RIPP goes, as I mentioned I'm really pleased with it, but unfortunately I'm in the DC area. If you're ever out this way I'd be more than happy to let you test drive the Jeep. That being said I think I know someone who's got a RIPP SC in the San Jose area. He just installed it a month or 2 back, and I haven't checked in with him to see how he's liking it so far. San Jose isn't that far depending on where in the Bay area you are, so if you'd like I can drop him a line.

I'm hoping that in a few more weeks I'll have some down time and I can start harassing people to try to test out the Brembos. Having them as massive paperweights is getting old. lol
Old 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WitchKing
what's wrong with the WARN bumper? I think it looks awesome
X2 I just ordered mine today! I like the simple utilitarian look.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by az.hunter
I have the warn rear w/swing-away..., added/modified a warrior rear rack w/fuel can carriers to work on the swing-away, also added mounting for hi-lift...,

nice bumper add-on mods! I was thinking to do the same.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
My father was from Spain and he sometimes took things very literally and missed some nuances that "Americans" often just know from years of use, so it was based on that and that alone that I suspected you weren't born here, because your grammar and educational credentials most likely far exceed everyone else in the thread. lol

As far as the RIPP goes, as I mentioned I'm really pleased with it, but unfortunately I'm in the DC area. If you're ever out this way I'd be more than happy to let you test drive the Jeep. That being said I think I know someone who's got a RIPP SC in the San Jose area. He just installed it a month or 2 back, and I haven't checked in with him to see how he's liking it so far. San Jose isn't that far depending on where in the Bay area you are, so if you'd like I can drop him a line.

I'm hoping that in a few more weeks I'll have some down time and I can start harassing people to try to test out the Brembos. Having them as massive paperweights is getting old. lol

Thanks you are very king (I know that my grammar is not that good- lol ). San Jose is only 20 minutes away...so yes drop him a line
Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i love my fab fours rear bumper.

look awesome
great job
Old 12-05-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Any new additions to the bumper list? Any new options as of late?

I for some reason want to like the LoD best but the Shrockworks low COG makes me think. Along with the Expeditions design of the tire carrier working with the tail gate. And of course a LoD bumper along with a OR-fab tire carrier might make a nice combo.
But I have not seen the AEV everyone has been waiting for.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Hanson has a really nice high clearance departure angle.

You can see where it was hit, actually coming off a ledge in Moab,

Last edited by Piginajeep; 12-05-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Smittybuilt.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tracking number for AEV rear

FINALLY!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This tracking update has been requested by:
Name: (not provided by requestor)
E-mail:
Tracking number 2004353116
Estimated delivery Dec 21, 2009
Service type LTL Longhaul

Tracking results as of Dec 16, 2009 8:47 AM CST

Date/Time Location/Activity
Dec 15, 2009 9:22 PM TACOMA, WA/Left FedEx origin facility
Dec 15, 2009 6:31 PM BREMERTON, WA/Picked up

Disclaimer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the Requestor noted above. FedEx does not validate the authenticity of the request and does not validate, guarantee or warrant the authenticity of the request, the requestor's message, or the accuracy of this tracking update. For tracking results and fedex.com's terms of use, go to fedex.com.

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier