Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you guys seen the kaymar aussie bumpers?
i got told about them the other day an they look pretty neat. i like the inbuilt indicator/brake/reverse led's. i could wire up the brake ones as rear fogs over here.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep%20jk%20dual%20carrier%201%20on%20rock%20for%20email.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	28916

Name:	jk%20single%206.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	28917

Name:	IMG_6965.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	28918
Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rolly
Sorry, i come from a scientific background and arguments always have to be supported to be valid... and I did not know that this forum was based on threads where OPs are seeking opinions not facts.
Dear Bill Nye,

The word "nicest" implies opinion, because it's not quantifiable by facts alone. There is no empirical data to back up "nicest", because nicest has no set standard here. Thereby allowing various answers to be the "correct" one. It's clear though that you don't quite understand the concept of or context for opinions, no doubt because of your Scientific Background.

You're just not arguing logically. lol You came in to a thread asking for people's opinions and then say you didn't know this forum was based on threads where OPs seek opinions, not facts. lol Maybe you should go into the "coolest pic ever" thread and argue that they can't say theirs is the coolest pic ever too. lol

Ok enough reliving the debate team years. lol

Back on topic:
JK-Rubi, the only other rear bumper I can think of that accomodates a rear winch is the Olympic Smuggler.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Dear Bill Nye,

The word "nicest" implies opinion, because it's not quantifiable by facts alone. There is no empirical data to back up "nicest", because nicest has no set standard here. Thereby allowing various answers to be the "correct" one. It's clear though that you don't quite understand the concept of or context for opinions, no doubt because of your Scientific Background.

You're just not arguing logically. lol You came in to a thread asking for people's opinions and then say you didn't know this forum was based on threads where OPs seek opinions, not facts. lol Maybe you should go into the "coolest pic ever" thread and argue that they can't say theirs is the coolest pic ever too. lol

Back on topic:
JK-Rubi, the only other rear bumper I can think of that accomodates a rear winch is the Olympic Smuggler.
lol...who is Bill Nye?

WTF are you talking about? You are illogical ! or drunk? or both?
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dear Bill Nye,

Back on topic:

BTW how do you like the RIPP? Are you planning to install Brembos on your jeep?
Also do you have any experience with the Olympic Smuggler? I like the fact that it looks "friendly" to load the tire .
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

BTW how do you like the RIPP? Are you planning to install Brembos on your jeep?
Also do you have any experience with the Olympic Smuggler? I like the fact that it looks "friendly" to load the tire .
I'm answering both your posts one after the other, but only quoting the 2nd.

1) You're not from the U.S. are you? Based on the way you phrase certain things and take things very literally, that's my guess.
2) I don't drink, but often can be illogical. lol However in the case of my argument, as I stated, "nicest" is a word that is subjective to opinion.

---
3) I'm really happy with the RIPP supercharger. For the amount of money spent (little in comparison to having a hemi installed) it's a great addition that makes driving the JK even more fun. For anyone who can't do a hemi install on their own, and doesn't want to spend 18k plus it's well worth it.

4) I've had the Brembos sitting at my house for what must be at least a year, but unfortunately the install isn't a simple swap and several shops haven't wanted to tackle it. Finally about a month and a half ago or so I found a shop that's actually going to be selling a kit to do the swap and is beta testing it and I was supposed to get the brackets, etc to test it myself, but they don't seem to be returning calls/emails. Could be due to the fact that they were thinking of abandoning the SRT8 Brembos for Wilwood calipers or that they were having other issues. They couldn't get the parking brake to work and the brake light remained lit, they swapped the master cylinder also, which I don't think Burnsville did when they did the swap, so maybe they've just hit a few stumbling blocks. I've been a bit busy here so I haven't really kept on them much about getting the parts.

5) I have the Expedition One and highly recommend it, but the Olympic Smuggler looks pretty cool, but I've only seen it in magazines. Someone on this forum ordered one at one point, but I think I recall them cancelling the order because it was taking too long. Aside from that person I can't remember anyone actually having it or ordering it.

Edit: Oops and I almost forgot Bill Nye "The Science Guy". Kinda like Mr. Wizard only a bit more recent. "Educational" saturday morning programming to get kids interested in science.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

5) I have the Expedition One and highly recommend it, but the Olympic Smuggler looks pretty cool, but I've only seen it in magazines. Someone on this forum ordered one at one point, but I think I recall them cancelling the order because it was taking too long. Aside from that person I can't remember anyone actually having it or ordering it.
I too am extremely happy with my Expedition One rear tire carrier/bumper. I'd highly recommend it, it's a great product and they're coming out with a bunch of cool accessories in the next couple of weeks.

With regards to the Olympic smuggler rear bumper, I got to see it in action during the Jeepers Jamboree at the Rubicon this year and the winch-lowered spare thingy is pretty cool, but I just think it looks ugly. I'd also imagine that all those moving parts would start to rattle after a while. And it's super expensive. And you need to buy another winch to really take advantage of all it's features. Not my thing.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome Car....
Old 08-22-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by walterGT67
Awesome Car....
Old 08-23-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol...who is Bill Nye?

WTF are you talking about? You are illogical ! or drunk? or both?
Rolly,
Use your brain and look it up dummy.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Default Bumpers

Here are some bumpers. Can't see them all though - there's a squeaky Shrockworks tire carrier in there at the end.

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier