Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I get some side shots of the Expedition One? I want to see how it mates up to the rear wheel fender flairs.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone going witht eh Expedition one...
Are you not concerned with the stress put on the tail gate? If you were to drag the tire or roll back into a tree etc... Id be worried it would destroy the tail gate, which is what we are trying to protect by moving the tire to begin with. So far, I like the Fabfour one and one over in the home built section. If I cant get it done cheap enough, Ill be going with the fab four.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
Can I get some side shots of the Expedition One? I want to see how it mates up to the rear wheel fender flairs.
Here's a crop of one of my semi side shots. If you want something more specific than that, I'll see what I can do in the am.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

SaharablackN01 how long did your order take
cheers MC
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mc4x4
SaharablackN01 how long did your order take
cheers MC
Back when I got mine there was a wait of a few weeks to a month, but I talked them into selling me one of their in house demo bumpers immediately. Now, I've got no clue what the wait is, I'd imagine they're pretty on top of things there and they were really great to deal with.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I seen a pitcher of the pure jeep bumper with the ore tire carrier some were. cant find it. since aev is out
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
Everyone going witht eh Expedition one...
Are you not concerned with the stress put on the tail gate? If you were to drag the tire or roll back into a tree etc... Id be worried it would destroy the tail gate, which is what we are trying to protect by moving the tire to begin with. So far, I like the Fabfour one and one over in the home built section. If I cant get it done cheap enough, Ill be going with the fab four.
Yo Stang! Whats up? I'm not sure I understand your question. To my understanding the load of the tire goes to the bumper. Not really sure how you'd drag the tire without hitting the bumper or hitch itself first. But I do get what you mean about rolling back into a tree.

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Here's a crop of one of my semi side shots. If you want something more specific than that, I'll see what I can do in the am.
That's what I wanted to see! You've sold me on it! Expedition One it is since the AEV turned out so disapointing.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
Yo Stang! Whats up? I'm not sure I understand your question. To my understanding the load of the tire goes to the bumper. Not really sure how you'd drag the tire without hitting the bumper or hitch itself first. But I do get what you mean about rolling back into a tree.
When you drop off a ledge you can sometimes grab the bottom of the spare as it hangs back so far. Its called departure angle. That will grab the tire and try and pull the carrier open, thus pulling on the tailgate.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
When you drop off a ledge you can sometimes grab the bottom of the spare as it hangs back so far. Its called departure angle. That will grab the tire and try and pull the carrier open, thus pulling on the tailgate.
Oh I am familiar with the term an concept. I was just saying that would have to be a pretty extreme drop off for it to be a problem unless i'm doing my math wrong. I would think were you going over soemthing like that you'd remove the spare and put it in the back of the vehicle or on a safari rack.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any recent experiences with the Rock Hard rear bumper / tire swing?

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier