Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier

Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cody
Thanks, I wanted something bold, but not in your face. And obviously something functional.

was it a 60 sim? or another one? I'm glad I'm done with the sims for a while. They're a bit tough for us back-enders . Good training for the front guys, but nothing like the real bird for me, although it beats the hell outa powerpoint!

that's some funny shit! yeah.. it was the HH60G. not very exciting work for me either, but i get to learn to fly lots of different aircraft! (un-officially)

i'm guessing they did the rear winch plate as well? are they making a production version with the winch cutouts and mounting plate?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i love my fab fours rear bumper.

WOW! This JK looks like a KILLER JK!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Has any one seen the rugged ridge rear yet in person?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oli~d
that's some funny shit! yeah.. it was the HH60G. not very exciting work for me either, but i get to learn to fly lots of different aircraft! (un-officially)

i'm guessing they did the rear winch plate as well? are they making a production version with the winch cutouts and mounting plate?

Yah, he did, and mine was sort of the prototype or at least the test vehicle. But he manufactured all of mounts. People don't realize how much time goes into R&D but it took a while just to plan it out.

He wants to produce more of the rear winch bumpers, and really its just a matter of telling him what you want. He's all about the custom type jobs. Just let him know what your looking for.

Anyway, what a small world, are you in Albuquerque? We'll have to go wheelin sometime. Oh and were all going to Moab for Thanksgiving... I think almost 20 of us!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yah, he did, and mine was sort of the prototype or at least the test vehicle. But he manufactured all of mounts. People don't realize how much time goes into R&D but it took a while just to plan it out.

He wants to produce more of the rear winch bumpers, and really its just a matter of telling him what you want. He's all about the custom type jobs. Just let him know what your looking for.

Anyway, what a small world, are you in Albuquerque? We'll have to go wheelin sometime. Oh and were all going to Moab for Thanksgiving... I think almost 20 of us!
Mitchel of Bulldog PM'd me ther other day. said the rear winch plate was (more or less) a production item. definately something i'd like to play with fabing to what ever bumper i end up with....

on another note, was only in ABQ for a few days with a POS rental. i am destined out of country for Thanksgiving this year (BFE to be exact). But Thanks for the invirte!

Last edited by oli~d; 11-09-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:49 PM
JK Freak

FabFours sold, Expedition One will be here Tuesday. I plan on uninstalling the FF and putting on the ExpOne next weekend...stay tuned for a good comparison side by side and installation-wise...
Old 01-01-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oli~d
saw this one the other week in albuquerque. dont have any info on it except it said "combat rescue" on it. anybody know?

HAHA, Yeah... its mine! And Bulldog Fab is the maker. Although it isn't quite finished yet since we ran out of time and the latch he ordered for it hadn't come in before I left for my school here. So it looks a little rough in a couple of places, but as soon as I'm done with flight school here he's going to finish it.
I saw this bumper on I30 today and got my girl to snap a pic of it. I ended up stalking him to the gas station. Nice guy btw. Good meeting you Cody, thanks for the info on the bumper.

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
I have never seen a swing away connected to the gate before. Great design.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WitchKing
what's wrong with the WARN bumper? I think it looks awesome
The latch is poorly designed and the polyurethane pad on the swingarm fell off.
It uses a vertical pin to latch the tire carrier to the bumper that is prone to rusting and seizing up. Also, the powder coat has flaked near the shaft pin and rusted.
I have the Warn front bumper too and it has powder coat flaking as well.
I am going to take it in to an authorized service center and see if they can do anything for me.
Also, the tire sits up very high and obscures the view out back. I have a 37" on and can't see a thing.

Last edited by allterrain; 01-04-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Meni
WOW! This JK looks like a KILLER JK!
love it. very nice
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Smittybilt src rear bumper

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest rear bumper w/carrier