Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who makes the best sleeves and gussets

Old 09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, Mt Logan now makes an external sleeve kit that adds significantly more strength that the internal sleeves. It is also possible to add internal and external MT Logan sleeves to nearly double the tube strength.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porters
By the way, Mt Logan now makes an external sleeve kit that adds significantly more strength that the internal sleeves. It is also possible to add internal and external MT Logan sleeves to nearly double the tube strength.

Where do I go to take a look at these external sleeves?????
Old 09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

The Rock Slide Engineering / MT Logan site is down for maintenance so I shamelessly stole some of John's pics. I am sure he will be OK with it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Axle Sleee Kit 008.jpg
Views:	1947
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	29898   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Axle Sleee Kit 006.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	29899   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Axle Sleee Kit 003.jpg
Views:	1659
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	29900   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Axle Sleee Kit 007.jpg
Views:	1611
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	29909  

Last edited by porters; 09-10-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added more Pics
Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

those look pretty smart. im guessing you just weld up the holes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wondering the same thing as well...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

John say you weld the holes and all the edges all the way around. The amount of heat is enough that seals could get toasted so you have to be careful about that.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Here are the details from RSE:

We are excited to announce our new improved quality sleeve kits with the new .75" wide inner C Gusset along with our outer shell kit. The sleeve kits are done in mass production on a lathe with tighter tolerances than the one we own. The 3/8" c-gussets are replaced by similiar gussets that are .75" wide. Our gussets weld to the c where it is most likely to bend. For those of you wanting to push the limits or want tires larger than 37" we offer our outer shell kit. The long side in encapsulated with the shell and the short side only has the shell on the bottom of the tube. This kit increases the overall rigidity of the axle and limits the housing flex that bends the axles. The shell is made from .250" DOM Tubing. We are offering some great introductory prices on these products. We have successfully installed many sleeve kits without having to replace the inner axle seals, but we still recommend doing it. Seals are required when you install the outer shell. We are offering the following deals
Inner Sleeve kit with C Gussets $179.99.
Outer Shell Kit $199.99
Inner Axle Shaft Seals $9.99ea.
Dana 44 Diff Ring $65.00
Buy the inner sleeve kit, outer shell kit and seals for $350.00 add $50 if you want the diff ring with the purchase of the other parts.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have MT Logan Sleeves and C2 gussets. On top of the Mt Logan gussets are ORE gussets. I also have Lower CA skids from ORE. Mt Logan makes a great product. Both Mt Logan and ORE make great stuff
OK, gotta ask. How come you didn't do the "coup do grace" and do the RSE external sleeves??

Does the internal sleeves come with any kind of seal? Do you have that 3/4" monster gusset under the ORE gussets? That axle looks pretty much bombproof (except for the external sleeves).
Old 09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
OK, gotta ask. How come you didn't do the "coup do grace" and do the RSE external sleeves??

Does the internal sleeves come with any kind of seal? Do you have that 3/4" monster gusset under the ORE gussets? That axle looks pretty much bombproof (except for the external sleeves).
I got my internal sleeves about a year before they came up with the external sleeves. Now I am putting money into a lift, ties, and bumpers. External sleeves may be on the list after that.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We had the Off Road Evolution sleeves, C2 gussets and skids installed on our dana 30.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best sleeves and gussets