Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who Makes the Best Rear Bumper?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woolf
It's integrated.

Brain fart, was confusing fab4 and jeeperman
Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeeperman
Jeeperman integrates the hitch as well.
cool, had only seen pics with the rear winch setup...
Old 03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzle_65
I am looking at fit and finish, completely rattle free, durability and accommodation of 35" tire plus, and accommodation of a rear trail rack and jerry cans.

I have looked at (online):
LOD
Jeeperman
Pure Jeep
Garvin
Rock Hard
Warn
Fab Fours

Having pics of them all in the same thread would also be helpful for comparison.

thanks
Hopefully PURE JEEP. That's what I've ordered. When it gets here
Old 03-08-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dizzle_65
I am looking at fit and finish, completely rattle free, durability and accommodation of 35" tire plus, and accommodation of a rear trail rack and jerry cans.

I have looked at (online):
LOD
Jeeperman
Pure Jeep
Garvin
Rock Hard
Warn
Fab Fours

Having pics of them all in the same thread would also be helpful for comparison.

thanks
I have done some research myself into rear bumpers/tire carriers for the JK. IMHO the Jeeperman rear tire carrier reigns supreme. It has a "slam shut" feature (like a car door) instead of a bail latch (like Body Armor uses) or a “refrigerator latch”. The Jeeperman also has a positive stop that prevents the carrier from unexpectedly closing on your open tailgate (or your head). I kinda like that.

Many comments that I have seen say that the Jeeperman is too expensive, and I agree, it is kinda pricey, but I am a firm believer in the whole "You get what you pay for" adage.

You can also get a lot of accessories for the Jeeperman, like a CO2 or fuel tank holder, a basket, even a 3rd brake light (I know, “who cares?”)

Anyway, if I ever get my JK (ordered on December 8th), that is first on my list of accessories. Then I’ll probably get the AEV front bumper (I like the way it tucks up high right under the parking lights) and a winch….and a lift kit….and some 35s….and….

Anyone want to buy a BMW? I think I’m gonna need to free up some cash.

Quick Reply: Who Makes the Best Rear Bumper?