Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who has superlift 2"

Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has superlift 2"

Just wanted to see the general consensus on the Superlift 2" spacer lift with their extended shocks!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Black Diamond 2" Poly Lift. It is made by and is the exact same lift as the Superlift. I also have the Black Diamond A/T extended shocks. Very easy install by yourself, got exactly 2.25 inch lift on 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. I would say this lift is great for agressive stance, larger tires, and additional clearance. Wife is short, so any more and she would not be happy. I am running Mickey Thompson 33x12.5x17. I also dont have to worry about the additional issues with going larger, like drive shafts and such. I think you would be happy with it.

Here is a pic of my ride after the lift for your reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0912.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	15717
Old 11-18-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

I am running the Superlift 2" lift. It seems as if I got more than the two inches, looks like almost three inches actually. I am very happy with it. I had the superlift shocks installed and very much like the ride and off road handling of the whole set up. I am running 33" BFG AT's with the stick 17 inch rims. No rubbing at all. I would recommend it. Very good lift for the money I spent.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran one for about a year without anyproblems at all, and it wheeled great.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am, haven't had any problems with it. I need a better pic of lift I guess...hehe
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any alignment or steering issues after installing this lift? I'm very much considering this lift also....thanks.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the feedback guys...and nice jeep bigbadmike!

I am also curious about alignment or any off centered axle issues with the lift.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would recommend putting JKS adjustable trackbars on personally. The relo brackets screw up the geometry and put stresses in areas that were not meant to take them. I also put the JKS weld-on rear trackbar bracket brace, as the stock bracket is weak and is known to tear off even on stock units. May be overkill, but as I carry my daughter and little lady with me, I will not take a chance of having the damn thing snap at 70 on the highway.

As for alignment: At the modest lift height of 2-3 inches, nothing is required other than to recenter your steering wheel. You MUST recenter the wheel or your ESP will freak out and start applying the brakes when you dont want it to. It will basically read the wheel as being to far off center for a given speed and brake for you to keep you from rolling. Problem is it can cause you to roll if you dont reset the wheel back to center. Very easy to do, and is written up in the forum everywhere.

Good luck on whatever way you decide to go. Looking forward to seeing the pictures !!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the spacers with Teraflex shock extensions and sway bar links. All I can say is the spacers alone are worthless if you want any flex so add the shocks or get extensions.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running it without the shocks, just the stock ones for almost 6 months. And I love it. Especially with the 33's.

Quick Reply: Who has superlift 2"