Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who has this setup?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has this setup?

After lurking around for several weeks I pulled the trigger and have a few parts on order, all good choices I am sure, thanks to all the good posts from you guys and gals

I need a little help on the hard question , Does anyone have a good or bad opinion of the Rubicon Super-Flex 3.5 system. Looks as though it comes with everything you need except shocks. How good are the control arms, the pictures look pretty beefy!

My DD is an 07 Rubi 4door auto (van) We call it a "Limo"
Our only other driver is a 33,000 # 40 foot motorhome that we live in full time, so it would be kind of hard to be let down with the DD if I put it together wrong!

We enjoy Moab in Utah and Kofa in Az, and lots of other travels so we want a little lift.
Please help.

Thanks, Fred
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

The main downfall with that lift is the fixed lower control arms, but ive heard pretty good things otherwise.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlfan06
The main downfall with that lift is the fixed lower control arms, but ive heard pretty good things otherwise.
This is definately something you should consider. I pull my 07 2-dr behind my 40' motorhome as well. I've had one instance where the Jeep got a little crazy while being towed. I attribute this to the fact that I didn't install adjustable control arms. After I installed the lift (OME - which gave me 4"), the steering became somewhat touchy. Turn in is very sharp and quick now. I've been waiting for warmer weather to upgrade my front lower control arms so that I can get the steering geometry back the way it should be. I use a simple A-frame tow bar attached to a Currie Industries skid plate/tow bar attachment plate.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default control arms?

Originally Posted by stlfan06
The kit ($1,600) has adjustable upper and fixed lowers, is that enough?

Here is a cut and paste from rubicons web site;

features include new Rubicon Express adjustable upper control arms and fixed lower control arms with our Super-Flex™ spherical ball joints, replacement lift springs extended bump stops, longer front stainless steel brake lines.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

I am running the 3.5" RE Superflex on my 2 dr with OME long travel shocks. I love it. The control arms are very beefy and I see no drawbacks from having fixed lowers. The adjustable uppers allowed me to correct the pinon angle to accommodate Tom Woods drive shafts. Not sure if the drive shafts will be a concern on a 4 dr. Drives amazingly well both off road and on the interstate at 75mph. I moved up to 35" KM2s and have no rubbing, front or rear, at full flex. Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The RE fixed lowers are 'longer' than stock lowers. This gives the uppers plenty of adjustability to set your caster where you need it. (the adj uppers with stock lowers is where you may have issues with getting caster to an acceptable level)
Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up I'm happy with it

I don't have any complaints about mine so far and have run this set up since late 2007.
I am an avid wheeler (not a mall crawler) so it has been flexed and tweaked to it's full potential.
Side note:
I was one of the many that had the "bad batch" of bushings, but they made it good and gave me all new once I figured out that was my issue.
~~~>So far so good

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 01-08-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heya Dizzy!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Heya Dizzy!
Did you just come on here to hijack?... or are you stalking me?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
Did you just come on here to hijack?... or are you stalking me?

Quick Reply: Who has this setup?