Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who has the best adj. track bar?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I thought the purpose of a relocation bracket was to compensate for the factory track bar no longer fitting after a lift, but it also helps to keep the track bar in a more horizontal position, correct?

Assuming a 2.5 lift and given that you want to maintain an as-close-to-horizontal-as-possible position, what is the optimal solution, an adjustable track bar with factory connection locations, or using a frame mounted drop bracket with the factory track bar? I guess I'm having trouble understanding why you would want an adjustable track bar and a drop bracket.

Originally Posted by Renegade
In order to have the "perfect" suspension geomerty, your track bar should be horizontal to the ground when the Jeep is sitting on flat ground, or half way through the cycle. This allows for the least amount of lateral movement when the suspension cycles. Acheiving a horizontal position may not actually be practical due to clearance issues. With a steep angle on the track bar, the axle will acually move in an arc when the suspension compresses or unloads. This is partly why you get bump-steer in the front. To reduce this effect, a track bar bracket is used to bring the suspension more in line with what it was from the factory. THe factory track bar bracket is weak and is prone to failure with an axle mounted riser bracket. The frame mounted brackets are stronger but may cause clearance issues with the rear passenger side shock. There are shock relocation brackets to solve this issue as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Now, I'm confused too, but that's nothing new.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKsJK
Okay, I thought the purpose of a relocation bracket was to compensate for the factory track bar no longer fitting after a lift, but it also helps to keep the track bar in a more horizontal position, correct?

Assuming a 2.5 lift and given that you want to maintain an as-close-to-horizontal-as-possible position, what is the optimal solution, an adjustable track bar with factory connection locations, or using a frame mounted drop bracket with the factory track bar? I guess I'm having trouble understanding why you would want an adjustable track bar and a drop bracket.
Doing BOTH would be ideal. The drop bracket would correct the goemetry while the adjustable bar would allow you to center the axle properly. Most people just do one or the other, but that's just because they cost money. If I were in your position I would probably buy the $25 bracket from Teraflex that is designed for a 2.5" lift and see how that goes. If you still want to do better after that, buy the adjustable bar. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKsJK

having a drop bracket alone is a fine choice. Having an adjustable track bar alone is a fine choice. Having both gives you the best of both worlds. You can adjust it for fine tuning and you can have you bar more horizontal.

In my case, I have a 3.25" spring lift in conjunction with other components from other kits. You can see just by looking at the picture what the advantage of a drop bracket would be.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

That helps. renegade and bOLsAK=3, thank you very much. Sorry, didn't mean to pull away from the original question of which adjustable is best.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

What was the cost on the clayton one?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Try this one from CLAYTON

It's not going anywhere.

As you can see its adjusted for lift, clears the cover by a huge margin and is attached to both the original location and braced against the tube itself. Pretty much bombproof.
Wow all kinds of fun stuff in that pic
Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Please note that several posts in this thread have been deleted due to the fact that they were made by trolls and were intentionally in regards to a company that has been BLACKLISTED. This company has been BLACKLISTED because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by PM.

Thank you,
Administrator
Old 04-06-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Please note that several posts in this thread have been deleted due to the fact that they were made by trolls and were intentionally in regards to a company that has been BLACKLISTED. This company has been BLACKLISTED because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by PM.

Thank you,
Administrator
No way, no questions here. I was fortunate enough to witness what was going on. I'll be honest, I don't see how any business could allow such tomfoolery. I can't believe what jack-asses they are. No wonder you banned their butts. You did everyone on here a HUGE favor!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

The Clayton bar is sweet, little out of my price range though.

Quick Reply: Who has the best adj. track bar?