Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who has the best adj. track bar?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RuBob
But it wouldn't be a factor if you can still hit your steering stops in each direction, right?
That's what I meant when I said "minute".
Old 04-05-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
my superlift 4" kit is coming with front and back.. the guy from summit said that I still need to use the rear relocation bracket that comes with the standard kit even with the adj. track bar.. thought that was the point of the track bar.... anyone's input would be good
Same here. I bought front and rear Superlift bars to go with my Skyjacker lift. I did not use the bracket that came with the rear bar after I did some measuring and figured that it would be within Superlift's toloerances. No problems. I've read the same thing with some of the other manufactuer's bars. Some (Teraflex and maybe FT) reccommed the drop bracket for 4" or more so it seemed. Which the drop bracket is always better than the riser, but I've never heard of the BD/Superlift bracket causing the factory bracket to fail like the Skyjacker or Fabtech.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-05-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Yes, absolutely. It would be a minute amount, of course, but if you do not correct the axle first, which would be the reason the wheel is off center, then there would be a difference. However small. The steering box is centered with the vehicle at the stock ride height. As you raise the front, because of the track bar, the axle is dragged off center. If you do not re-center the axle with the track bar, and center it with the drag link, then you will lose a small amount of turn in one direction. It ain't theroy. It's fact.
I'm just going to disagree with you on this one and leave it at that.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
I'm just going to disagree with you on this one and leave it at that.
Ok. Nuthing wrong with that.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
We do.
New JK HD Forged Front Adj. Trackbar
$199.95
Coming early May.

Is there one similar to this for the rear also?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Same here. I bought front and rear Superlift bars to go with my Skyjacker lift. I did not use the bracket that came with the rear bar after I did some measuring and figured that it would be within Superlift's toloerances. No problems. I've read the same thing with some of the other manufactuer's bars. Some (Teraflex and maybe FT) reccommed the drop bracket for 4" or more so it seemed. Which the drop bracket is always better than the riser, but I've never heard of the BD/Superlift bracket causing the factory bracket to fail like the Skyjacker or Fabtech.
I bought the Superlift track bar by itself because of the price. They work, and I don't have any issues, and that's all that matters to me.

I also left the riser bracket off for fear of axle breakage. With the money I saved a drop bracket is easily obtainable and I'll still be saving over other brands.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
I bought the Superlift track bar by itself because of the price. They work, and I don't have any issues, and that's all that matters to me.

I also left the riser bracket off for fear of axle breakage. With the money I saved a drop bracket is easily obtainable and I'll still be saving over other brands.
There have been drop brackets on the "for sale" forum at very reasonable prices. Check it out if you still want one. I even have an extra one I might consider trading for something.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you help me understand the drop bracket? Isn't the drop bracket the part that attaches on the passanger side? If the Superlift track bar (or any other adjustable) reaches the two factory connections without brackets, why the need for the bracket? Just trying to understand. I currently have a Skyjacker 2.5, with the driver side relocation bracket and was thinking that I should avoid brackets on either side.

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3

Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKsJK
Can you help me understand the drop bracket? Isn't the drop bracket the part that attaches on the passanger side? If the Superlift track bar (or any other adjustable) reaches the two factory connections without brackets, why the need for the bracket? Just trying to understand. I currently have a Skyjacker 2.5, with the driver side relocation bracket and was thinking that I should avoid brackets on either side.
In order to have the "perfect" suspension geomerty, your track bar should be horizontal to the ground when the Jeep is sitting on flat ground, or half way through the cycle. This allows for the least amount of lateral movement when the suspension cycles. Acheiving a horizontal position may not actually be practical due to clearance issues. With a steep angle on the track bar, the axle will acually move in an arc when the suspension compresses or unloads. This is partly why you get bump-steer in the front. To reduce this effect, a track bar bracket is used to bring the suspension more in line with what it was from the factory. THe factory track bar bracket is weak and is prone to failure with an axle mounted riser bracket. The frame mounted brackets are stronger but may cause clearance issues with the rear passenger side shock. There are shock relocation brackets to solve this issue as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKsJK
Yes the drop bracket attaches to the passenger side.

If you'll look at the picture of my track bar below you'll see that it has been extended substantially. It is also pointing in more of a downward angle. Well, as the bar drops further, the further it will pull to the passenger side as it goes. If you were to give the bar a more horizontal angle then you could have less pulling over a larger range of motion. So the drop bracket essentially accomplishes this, and does so in a much more secure mounting area than does the riser brackets.

Last edited by bOLsAK=3; 04-06-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Who has the best adj. track bar?