Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who has the best adj. track bar?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
We do.
New JK HD Forged Front Adj. Trackbar
$199.95
Coming early May.

Wow! That thing looks beefy! Can you explain the reason for the new type of adjuster being used over a rod end style.

Ty
Old 04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
Wow! That thing looks beefy! Can you explain the reason for the new type of adjuster being used over a rod end style.

Ty
This is purely speculation on my part, but probably so it can be adjusted while ON the Jeep. With a bent bar and rod ends, you have to unbolt it.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zerodown
Damn, I wish that one was around when I bought my Teraflex bar. Can I trade mine in???
You never know! I'll check and see. I will post any additional info here;
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-hd-forged-jk-front-adj-trackbar-35084/
Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TSmith0820

Ty
Actually, it's not "new". Tera has used them for a while. I had one on my TJ back in 2002 that used the same sleeve adjustment. I loved it, but others I had read about had issues with the adjuster loosening under flex.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
WTF? Please explain your theory on this. Do you mean if you re-center your wheel without re-centering the axle?
Yes, absolutely. It would be a minute amount, of course, but if you do not correct the axle first, which would be the reason the wheel is off center, then there would be a difference. However small. The steering box is centered with the vehicle at the stock ride height. As you raise the front, because of the track bar, the axle is dragged off center. If you do not re-center the axle with the track bar, and center it with the drag link, then you will lose a small amount of turn in one direction. It ain't theroy. It's fact.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 04-04-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
We do.
New JK HD Forged Front Adj. Trackbar
$199.95
Coming early May.

That's nice. Do you plan on offering a discount to forum members?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
That's nice. Do you plan on offering a discount to forum members?
x2, interested
Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

my superlift 4" kit is coming with front and back.. the guy from summit said that I still need to use the rear relocation bracket that comes with the standard kit even with the adj. track bar.. thought that was the point of the track bar.... anyone's input would be good
Old 04-04-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the full traction rear adjustable track bar. Only because Rubicon Express is still developing theirs and I don't want to wait 2-3 months. Next best thing Full Traction.

I have a Rubicon Express front adj track bar and have wheeled it a lot. No issues.

My lift came with a real hefty relocation bracket on the passenger side. Some of the kits I have seen put the relocation bracket on the drivers side, I heard that some of these are prone to breaking the welds off the factory mount at the axle.

It increases the lever arm on the mount without adding additional fastening point or distributing the load.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
my superlift 4" kit is coming with front and back.. the guy from summit said that I still need to use the rear relocation bracket that comes with the standard kit even with the adj. track bar.. thought that was the point of the track bar.... anyone's input would be good
Heard that from someone else on the forum, possibly they may be making a shorter adj trackbar or one that doesn't adj as far as it should. If that's the case then there is no point in putting that track bar on. Unless you don't use the bracket and your lowering your jk then I guess you need a shorter one. Maybe there being politically correct Superlift-Supernolift- Superlowride all in one trackbar

Quick Reply: Who has the best adj. track bar?