Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who’s got an Adams front driveshaft and how do you like it?

Old 03-30-2020, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

you should also be using some blue loc-tite on the bolts.
The following users liked this post:
donjuan79 (04-04-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
have both front and read 1310s. they're OK I guess.
my front drive shaft came loose at the transfer case. it shook one day on the highway that it grenade my transfer case. not trying to place blame on Adams, just stating the facts.

I guess I need to add that to my torque check list.

sent it back to Adams, they rebalanced it and fixed the u joint for a pretty penny.

again, just stating the facts...
This was actually a bad driveshaft? Not the more typical t-case explosion due to some combination of lift height, caster/pinion angle, double cardan, freeway speeds, etc?
Old 04-04-2020, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Adam's front and rear on my 2012 JK with 220 miles on it and the exhaust spacers. 4.5" Rubicon express super flex lift. I was still seeing the marks of the driveshaft hitting the exhaust from extreme flex. I then bought the AFE exhaust reroute that takes the passenger side crossover behind the transfer case. Problem solved.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
you should also be using some blue loc-tite on the bolts.
I was about to ask him if he used loctite, I did see in their instructions they actually call for red. I’m gonna say he didn’t use it lol.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow 09 JK
I then bought the AFE exhaust reroute that takes the passenger side crossover behind the transfer case. Problem solved.
I hope you have protected all those fuel lines right above with some heat shield. If you haven't it's pretty cheap to order some. Can't be too careful as the exhaust is now pretty close to some delicate lines.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I recommend running a flange at the Transfer case. Depending on your set up and driveline angles you may not even need the double Cardone shaft. Most people don't take the time to measure and spend the extra $150 on a super maintenance item. Its nice to run a DC on rock crawlers to keep the pinion higher but on an overlanders, beach runner, fire road, daily driver a single u-joint end should work fine. Rear 2 doors might have angle issues.
I did actually check my driveline angle at ride height and I only have between 1/8 and 1/4 inches of space before it starts hitting the flange and rips the boot. And I'm only on a 3.5 right now. My guess is once I go to 4.5 it's going to be buried and tear the boot at ride height. The rear looks like it's still dead nuts in the middle at both ends. I wont replace that until i get my 37s or it fails
Old 04-05-2020, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I hope you have protected all those fuel lines right above with some heat shield. If you haven't it's pretty cheap to order some. Can't be too careful as the exhaust is now pretty close to some delicate lines.
Thanks for bringing that up as I forgot to mention that. I did get some additional insulation and place it around the lines.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTNBKR
I've been running a 1310 front Adams for quite some time now. No problem and easy install too
Ditto. I have had no problems with mine.

Quick Reply: Who’s got an Adams front driveshaft and how do you like it?