Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who’s got an Adams front driveshaft and how do you like it?

Old 03-29-2020, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who’s got an Adams front driveshaft and how do you like it?

I was going to do the standard exhaust spacer and the TF high angle Rzeppa CV but after looking at my exhaust flange bolts and realizing what a nightmare that’ll be I’ll just go ahead and cough up the extra cash for a new driveshaft. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Adams shafts, just looking for some more input. This is the one I’m thinking about getting
Old 03-29-2020, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

No different than any other driveshaft maker. I know they can't put a lift on a jeep for shit. Have you checked your local drive line shop to build you one?
The following users liked this post:
donjuan79 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a front one on mine and it works really well. Have beat on it pretty good a few times. I'm running the 1310.

donjuan79 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
No different than any other driveshaft maker. I know they can't put a lift on a jeep for shit. Have you checked your local drive line shop to build you one?
no I have not. This thing isn’t going to see any hardcore action so I can’t really justify spending more than about 500 for a driveshaft. The stock one would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact my exhaust flange bolts are so rusted that I don’t even want to deal with all that spacer mess.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ballistic17
I have a front one on mine and it works really well. Have beat on it pretty good a few times. I'm running the 1310.
did you run into any unforeseen issues during install that I should watch out for?
Old 03-29-2020, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan79
did you run into any unforeseen issues during install that I should watch out for?
No I didn't. Install went really smooth.
donjuan79 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan79
no I have not. This thing isn’t going to see any hardcore action so I can’t really justify spending more than about 500 for a driveshaft. .
It's worth checking your local driveline shops anyway to see what they can make. Sometimes they are less expensive, in my case they were significantly more expensive. You won't know until you ask. (it can be nice to deal with a local company rather than mail-order if/when there is a problem.)
donjuan79 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It's worth checking your local driveline shops anyway to see what they can make. Sometimes they are less expensive, in my case they were significantly more expensive. You won't know until you ask. (it can be nice to deal with a local company rather than mail-order if/when there is a problem.)
I actually looked some up when the other guy said something about it and the closest one is like 60 miles from me. All the gas I’m gonna suck down will make it more expensive 😂 this one seems to meet my needs perfectly as it’s good for up to 37s and that’s the largest I’ll ever go, and for up to 4.5 inches which I’ll be running a 4 inch lift with 1/2 inch spacers in the front (I’ll take a little rear rake as opposed to front rake) the reviews all seem to be positive on it. I can’t really justify any more money than what it is either because I was originally just going to do that high angle CV and exhaust spacer which is much much cheaper but after looking at those flange bolts and how rusty they were I want nothing to do with that headache lol. If I can find a place somewhere closer that’s cheaper I might check it out, but for now I think I’m set on this one. I definitely appreciate the input though brother 🍻

Last edited by donjuan79; 03-29-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ballistic17
No I didn't. Install went really smooth.
that’s exactly what I want to hear lol. One look at those exhaust flange bolts and how rusty they were I knew they were going to snap. So I looked it up and almost everyone that has done an exhaust spacer on a vehicle that wasn’t brand new ended up breaking the bolts and had a hell of a time getting the stud out. No thank you lol. I’ll just cough up the extra couple hundred and get a driveshaft. I read a lot of positive reviews, I just like to talk to actual living breathing people that have parts I’m looking to get to see what their experiences were and how the installs went so I know what to look out for. I try to go in as prepared as humanly possible so a couple hour job doesn’t turn into days or weeks lol. The fit and finish look nice, hopefully it’ll hold up to Ohio winters. Thanks for the input brother 🍻

Last edited by donjuan79; 03-29-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Ballistic17 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I have the 1310 with solid U-Joints, non-greasable, install was easy. So far no complaints.

The bolts holding the old shaft at the r-Zeppa are many, and exceptionally long winded, but other than that all good.

Can't complain, feels beefy as hell. Haven't hit it on anything yet, I'm sure it is tougher than the stock tin can I pulled out. As far as drivability: as long as you keep your drive line angles out of the extremes it will be smooth as butter way on up close to 100mph. (Never had my Jeep over 97).
The following 2 users liked this post by tjkamp:
donjuan79 (03-29-2020), locrwln (03-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Who’s got an Adams front driveshaft and how do you like it?