Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

where's the "cheap" winch mount for factory bumper?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where's the "cheap" winch mount for factory bumper?

Hey gang,
after reading all of the awesome winch mount mods to the factory JK bumper, I have decided that's the route to go. I like how tidy the package looks when the winch in behind the factory plastic bumpercover. However, every one of those old threads suggests buying a "cheap" smittybilt, RR or HarborFreight winch mount/plate for $20-$40. I'm like "wthell?!?! Where do you get those numbers? The prices for these plates seem to be around $150-$179. What is it I am looking for?

WHere did you get your cheap winchplate for factory bumper install?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Harbor Freight universal winch channel is only $25-35. You will have to trim it to fit, but that is what many of us have used. Not all stores have it in stock, but you can order it from their website.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then get on their mailing list, or pick up a random motor-head magazine that has advertisements in the back. Most Harbor Freight advertisements have 20% off a single item coupons attached to them (I know Cycleworld always has them every single month).

I always stock pile the 20% off coupons in my center console, and then stop in when they are having a sidewalk sale. Some of their stuff is pure junk, but its hard to go wrong with big dumb objects made out of solid steel.

Quick Reply: where's the "cheap" winch mount for factory bumper?