Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

where should I take my build from here?

Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where should I take my build from here?

My rig is my dd and I'm tryin to make sure it's ready for the warm weather so I can beat the hell out of it again. I have a 2.5 teraflex with bilsteins and 35 inch toyos. I'm lookin to see if there's anything I should get overs winch or armor such as trackbars or lcas or something. I have a bit of flighty steering at times so maybe I should get some arms. But I figured I've gone this long is it really necessary? Or should I get a winch or some seat covers?
Old 02-22-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would deffinatly go with some control arms to correct the geometry of your driveline. IMO that would be my next purchase.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can never go wrong with good recovery gear. If you're going to be wheeling your rig, I'd go that route.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that your priority should be to make your jeep more enjoyable to drive on a daily basis by correcting your steering geometry with either adjustable lower arms, or Rubicon Experss caster washers. After that you should worry about stuff you might never use.

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Ive been down this path... lol.

If I could do it over I would go with a winch. You know how much money could have been saved in damage if I would of had a winch and just winched my way up a few obstacles instead of forcing the jeep and breaking parts
Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

winch, it will drop your front down just a bit too with the extra weight and may help the flighty steering feel a bit.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
winch, it will drop your front down just a bit too with the extra weight and may help the flighty steering feel a bit.
^^^^ what he said!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

All good advice im leaning towards the aev correction brackets and RK bomb proof adj front trackbar...any thoughts on that or would my money be better spent elsewhere?

Quick Reply: where should I take my build from here?