Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Where do you put the wires?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where do you put the wires?

I've had the carpet out of my Jeep since the first week and I hate looking at the wiring harnesses. Where did you put them? Also, I thought about removing my roll bar padding before it gets faded out and there are several wires up there. Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could travel to your local auto parts center, and ask them for loom. Or just suck it up.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just taped mine down with 100 MPH tape so they wouldn't catch on anything...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could use loom and ty-wrap it up. Scotch electrical tape works good too. The thick almost rubber-like kind.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys but I know these guys bed lining their floors have some secret they aren't sharing. The wires aren't in the way, they just look unfinished.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some have diverted them through the roll bar....even the rear washer fluid hose.
This takes serious time and extension of wires....but it's uber clean.

I'm interested in pics and ideas as well as I'm real close to lining my floors and saying bye bye to the carpet forever.
As far as the padding, mine has faded really bad, but my top has been off for most of the last year and a half in the AZ sun, so it was to be expected. Not sure how well Bestops UV protectant actually works, but it might be worth a shot while you have the padding off doing the wire reroute.
The padding off looks terrible with jeeps brackets and foam that are under it all.

Any one else have ideas on the wiring?

Quick Reply: Where do you put the wires?