Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Where can i find thebest price on mishimoto mmrad-wra-07 radiator?

Old 03-18-2015, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Where can i find thebest price on mishimoto mmrad-wra-07 radiator?

Think I found the best price this far on eBay at $383.75; Unique Performance Parts said that I could get it for $354.37 if I bought direct from their store, but wondering if any of our vendors sold this at a better price:

Jeep Wrangler JK Performance Aluminum Radiator, 2007–2014
Model: MMRAD-WRA-07

My 2013 Radiator Core is broken and just out of warranty. I may be lucky enough to get a goodwill repair, but am considering buying this Mishimoto all Aluminum with lifetime warranty. People seem to speak highly of the radiators and company.

The OEM radiator is about $217.00 at best price I have seen, but looks pretty crappy, and I fear it will just break again. Previous owner did not wheel hard. It appears the radiator is just not very good.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the OEM and check the mounting brackets and supports up front for it. Cheapest insurance you'll ever buy is 'Mr Grille' billet aluminum inserts to protect your rad. Google them or check for a listing on eBay.
Then again if the Mishimoto comes with a Nori wrapping and pickled ginger and wasabi sides...
Just replace the original and buy some protection at the same time.
Might just be me but I'd be kind of p'd off if I spent almost twice the price for a rad and had a tire chucked stone take it out because I didn't protect those seven giant holes in front of it. Does ANYONE'S warrantee cover road damage? But go nuts and do whatever.....

Last edited by 101gargoyles; 03-20-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Go with the OEM and check the mounting brackets and supports up front for it. Cheapest insurance you'll ever buy is 'Mr Grille' billet aluminum inserts to protect your rad. Google them or check for a listing on eBay. Then again if the Mishimoto comes with a Nori wrapping and pickled ginger and wasabi sides... Just replace the original and buy some protection at the same time. Might just be me but I'd be kind of p'd off if I spent almost twice the price for a rad and had a tire chucked stone take it out because I didn't protect those seven giant holes in front of it. Does ANYONE'S warrantee cover road damage? But go nuts and do whatever.....
Googled that place, saw no brackets or protection, just billet inserts for grill?

Leaning towards the Mishimoto because it appears to be built better (has good aluminum brackets/uses stock rubber isolators) and has a lifetime warranty. AC condenser sits in front of the radiator regardless of which I go with, so rock in the radiator is same risk with either, and more likely to take out the AC. People have used the lifetime warranty without issue, and just get sent a new one; one guy admitted later that he screwed up installing a hose on what he thought was a leak.

Mishimoto would be $354.80 delivered vs. $208.10 for the new OEM MOPAR Radiator, or $160.00 for a used OEM MOPAR Radiator.

Just waiting to hear if the local stealership will do a goodwill warranty replacement from Chrysler Customer Assistance (seemed to have a poor understanding of my situation and even poorer motivation to assist).

Last edited by doc5339; 03-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Former Member

I wasn't suggesting to shop for brackets or mounts but just to make sure your front structure isn't damaged and a possible cause for the rad failure. Without a stone cause or other hidden damage there's no reason your original shouldn't last longer than 10-15 years.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
I wasn't suggesting to shop for brackets or mounts but just to make sure your front structure isn't damaged and a possible cause for the rad failure. Without a stone cause or other hidden damage there's no reason your original shouldn't last longer than 10-15 years.
OK, gotcha... and I agree regarding the radiator life-cycle, but have read quite a few post of this with cracked cores and no hard wheeling?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:41 AM
Former Member

I hear ya but think about it. Of the millions of these JK rads out there built since 07 how many mountains of broken ones do you see driving past the dump. People only post the bad news.
My old XJ Cherokee went through 3 rads and every one of them failed for only one reason.
Stones versus Radiator core Stones win every time until A billet or expanded metal mesh is in front of it.
No plastic gutter guard doesn't cut the mustard

Last edited by 101gargoyles; 03-22-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Aluminum gutter guard works great.

Also, does the Mishito* have a dual core ?
Old 03-24-2015, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lsot
Aluminum gutter guard works great. Also, does the Mishito* have a dual core ?
Mishimoto is double-core, ended up buying new OEM MOPAR for $217.50 from a dealership in Phoenix off of eBay.

Now only question is whether or not to run MOPAR OAT, Zerex DEX-COOL OAT, or some other coolant/antifreeze. Gotta flush the slurry of crap out anyway.

Quick Reply: Where can i find thebest price on mishimoto mmrad-wra-07 radiator?