Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Where can I buy gerry cans, what do you use?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the swedge will allow it to work with the JK's fuel fill, and this only works with the older cans? What about the new ones with the CARB threads? Anyone?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harbor Freight cans are crap....save your money.

Blitz cans are great. 45-50 bucks is going rate. Hardware stores, Northern Tool.

You can still find the old NATO cans every once in awhile.

Sent via smoke signal
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have replaced all my new safety spouts with a swedge at work. I use em daily so dealing with those slow pouring awkward safety spouts is not an option. I will take a picture if I remember. I'm not a great explainer.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know if y'all have seen these, but I thought it was a cool place to put stuff, even if you didn't put tools in it. Straps, snatch blocks, gloves, etc... I'm probably going to pick one up, and one regular Gerry can for gas as well. They look almost identical, from what I can tell. A lot of places have them, this is just the 1st one that popped up. Note that it's lockable, and the lock is in the cap.
http://www.knowwhere2jeep.com/rampag...-tool-box.html
Old 03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

How about the NATO cans with the spout? I'm leaning towards this for the same price as the old style gerry cans. Any input on these? Here's what I was looking at:

http://store.colemans.com/cart/images/1319.gif

Quick Reply: Where can I buy gerry cans, what do you use?