Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Where to buy UD60's

Old 03-06-2017, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have beat the crap out of my UD60's which I got from Northridge4x4 without any issues.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not saying they are junk, however I have seen failures of welds. I just feel for the money you can buy a better ALL american designed and manufactured product.

It's all a matter of opinion... Dynatrac, at least for me, has provided excellent customer service and I personally feel they make a much more superior product especially if you're comparing apples to apples which would be Dynatrac's hard core 60 package vs. UD60's.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There isn't anything wrong with the Dana axles, I mean a big axle is a big axle and will do a fine job of being less breakable than what's in a factory JK.

Not saying the Dana stuff is bad, its great! It just becomes a question of bang for your buck. We go with Dynatrac, if you're going to spend the big money just spend it with the very top notch stuff and don't look back.

If you're running a 37" tire, you can save some pennies and go with the 44/60 set. If you manage to break a Dynatrac semi float rear on a 37, you're either doing it wrong or you've invested in a big horsepower motor up front, and you aren't worried about saving pennies. Just because it's a Semi Float, doesn't mean it isn't stout.

The 60/60 combo is a bad ass set of axles, if money is not and issue it's money will spent.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Trail Jeeps
There isn't anything wrong with the Dana axles, I mean a big axle is a big axle and will do a fine job of being less breakable than what's in a factory JK.

Not saying the Dana stuff is bad, its great! It just becomes a question of bang for your buck. We go with Dynatrac, if you're going to spend the big money just spend it with the very top notch stuff and don't look back.

If you're running a 37" tire, you can save some pennies and go with the 44/60 set. If you manage to break a Dynatrac semi float rear on a 37, you're either doing it wrong or you've invested in a big horsepower motor up front, and you aren't worried about saving pennies. Just because it's a Semi Float, doesn't mean it isn't stout.

The 60/60 combo is a bad ass set of axles, if money is not and issue it's money will spent.
The 60/60 combo is only about $1500 more than the 44/60 combo. That $1500 gets you hub to hub including tie rod and calipers, not to mention the obvious benefits of 1 tons. If you plan on selling your current axles you can even recoup part of that $1500 by having complete axles to sell. I'm trying to decide between the two, even though the obvious choice seems clear, part of me is nagging about the lighter weight and better pinion angles if the 44/60 (I have a 2 door)
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

There's a lot of old / misinformation out there, mostly released when the UD60s were. One of the most often used comparison writeups wasn't even accurate at the time it was posted.

The Dynatrac 60/60 package is full float, low pinion rear package that made both comparisons: best, AND best bang for the buck clear to me. After weighing the pros and cons, my choice was easy.

My Dynatrac 60/60's should be shipping this week! I can't wait. /tap /tap /tap
Old 03-08-2017, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Buster3479
There's a lot of old / misinformation out there, mostly released when the UD60s were. One of the most often used comparison writeups wasn't even accurate at the time it was posted. The Dynatrac 60/60 package is full float, low pinion rear package that made both comparisons: best, AND best bang for the buck clear to me. After weighing the pros and cons, my choice was easy. My Dynatrac 60/60's should be shipping this week! I can't wait. /tap /tap /tap
You can also get caster correction with the Dynatracs.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buster3479
There's a lot of old / misinformation out there, mostly released when the UD60s were. One of the most often used comparison writeups wasn't even accurate at the time it was posted.

The Dynatrac 60/60 package is full float, low pinion rear package that made both comparisons: best, AND best bang for the buck clear to me. After weighing the pros and cons, my choice was easy.

My Dynatrac 60/60's should be shipping this week! I can't wait. /tap /tap /tap
Congrats on your ProRock 60 purchase, and thank you for spending your hard earned money with Dynatrac!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

Got mine from Marcis at Rivercityoffroad ,I couldn’t get a better cash deal than I got on these axle .They are beefy and visually look great,I beefed a few brackets and ran a few beads on tubes and I’m satisfied that I’ll be fine out there,even double check all bearings hubs and R&p ,it’s all good to go.Id buy another set at the price I paid again if I had another rig to build.

Last edited by Dzldust; 04-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to buy UD60's