Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

When doing a body lift, is there a way to relocate the front bumper?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When doing a body lift, is there a way to relocate the front bumper?

I've seen rear bumper relocations, but not front.

I'm on a 2" OME lift & ARB full width bumper & 35's. I get a decent amount of rub, so I was thinking about doing a 1.25 BL, but I rub on my bumper pretty hard if I'm turned at full stuff at all.

I'm thinking the body lift would be a good compliment to my low setup, but If I'm still rubbing on the bumper, it seems kind of pointless.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by backcountryislife

I'm on a 2" OME lift & ARB full width bumper & 35's. I get a decent amount of rub, so I was thinking about doing a 1.25 BL, but I rub on my bumper pretty hard if I'm turned at full stuff at all.

I'm thinking the body lift would be a good compliment to my low setup, but If I'm still rubbing on the bumper, it seems kind of pointless.

Any suggestions?

While you can't relocated it up you might be able to space it out from the frame rails 1/2" or so. I know this would not be hard with a stock bumper but an ARB might have other mounting points besides the 8 bolts on the ends of the frame rails.

Steve
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by backcountryislife

Any suggestions?
stubby bumper time
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVO MFG
stubby bumper time
YEAH YEAH... tell me what I already knew... I'm just delaying the inevitable.

The last thing I'd want to do is relocate this bumper more forward, it already hit everything it can find on the trail. People talk about what great bumper it is, but I'm not terribly impressed.

On buddy suggested cutting down the ARB... but not sure how that would look

Seems like it would be kind of goofy.

Don't really want to spend the $$ on a bumper right now, and doubt I'll get much $$ from mine. What a pain. Seems hard to believe that an aftermarket bumper can't handle 35's.

Quick Reply: When doing a body lift, is there a way to relocate the front bumper?