Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheels and tires

Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels and tires

i honestly have no clue when it comes to ordering the right wheel, so i was wondering if someone could help me out, http://www.procomptires.com/truck-je...98-wheels.aspx i would like to get that wheel, and i want a tire width of at least 10inches, and a 35, i mean i just dont know what the right specification are used for this. so if someone could just tell me which wheel on there can be fit a 10in wide or 12 in wide tire that would be great and if it will work on my jeep.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet the
17x8 with the 5 on 5 bolt pattern with the 4.5 BS. 17" tires are cheaper and better selection of tires than +18" size tires.

You will be able to fit upto a 12.50 wide tire with this rim. This is the same size rim I am running my 33x12.50 Cooper STT's on and have had no issues. The BS of 4.5" will have a 12.50 wide tire stick out about 1/2-3/4" outside your stock fender flares.

I would imagine you have a lift or trimmed your stock fenders on your JK if you are looking at 35's. Also, I would highly recommend you get yourself a rear bumper with tire carrier sooner rather than later to take the weight off the rear gate.

Quick Reply: Wheels and tires