Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel Warning! Keep your head straight!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Warning! Keep your head straight!

It is best to tighten lug nuts on all 4 wheels not just 3 of them! I put on lugs on front drivers side and lowered jack, then moved the jack to the back and forgot to come back and tighten the front. 4 miles down the road there was a wobble, wobble, crunch, rrrrrrr, wheel in woods, rotor on the ground. Got it pulled over, looked over at the wife, and she didnt appear to happy!(happy to be alive, not happy with a brocken fender flare and bored out wheel holes and rotor wasted. Live and learn! KEEP YOUR EXCITMENT IN CHECK WHEN YOUR FINISHING UP!! DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!

By the way does anyone have "cliff notes" (easy way) on how to put pictures up, I will post pics! Attach files and just copy from computer, are do you need a specific address? or what? And what about the little picture by your user name on the left of each thread, Thanks Ben
This web site is great and Helpful!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Holy cow I'll bet that was a fun experience!! I'm glad to hear everyone is okay and that no other car was hit by your renegade wheel.

To post pics, click on this link:
http://my.project-jk.com/

After you register as a user, upload your photos there and then you can post them here by following the instructions on this link:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks!!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

easiest way Ive found to do it is resize the image in MS Paint to the size you want and save it as a .jpg if its not already. Then go to www.tinypic.com and upload it there. Copy the forum link it gives you and past it in the message box here and it pops up automaticly. Pretty simple
Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everyone was okay. It is only plastic and metal. Nothing that can't be fixed fairly easy, compared to what could have happened.

Quick Reply: Wheel Warning! Keep your head straight!