Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel vibration

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel vibration

Need help figuring out a problem. Lifted my rubicon 3.5 inches. Running 35 inch tires. When i hit a bump at 20 to 30 mph my steering wheel jerks around . It doesnt do this at higher speeds. Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would start with double checking the torque on all your suspension links and track bar. If that doesn't work maybe look into the steering stabilizer or ball joints. That's my best guess, hope it helps
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like typical bump steer.. As long as the jerking wheel isn't a continuous, violent shake which is death wobble.
Bump steer is almost always steering geometry related.
Do you have a track bar drop bracket ? If your drag link and track bar are too far off from running at the same angle it will certainly cause it.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you running longer front control arms to correct your caster alignment spec?

Did you loosen all your control arm and trackbar bolts and wait to re-torque them until the wheels and tires were back on with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground?

Did your lift include an adjustable front trackbar, or did it include a trackbar relocation bracket combined with a drop pitman arm?

Quick Reply: Wheel vibration