Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel and tire help

Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That all depends on you. How hard are you going to wheel it, if you go hard like me things break. Are you good at doing basic maintenance? A lifted JK isnt like a car, you dont just change the oil and rotate the tires. Suspension components need to be retorqued, parts need to be adjusted, etc. With a 2.5" BB I dont think you will have many if any problems, just keep in mind this isn't gonna be your moms accord, if you neglect it, it will neglect you.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since im new to all of this i have no idea how to even start to install it...my dad is very good with cars and said he would help..but still he has never worked with a lift kit before and we wouldnt no when to do a ''checkup'' on the BB or where to even look..hah i bet once we got the hang of itt tho we would be fine..i rarely go off roading ive only been once and dont plan on going anytime soon so it would just be for appearance.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really dont plan on off-roading then stick with the BB, less maint.

Quick Reply: Wheel and tire help